New Paint

KLRDMD

Just now, bluehighwayflyer said:

Stunning.  It looks like you might have finally found yourself a keeper, there, Ken.  Very nice.  

I think so. I bought this in January and immediately swapped out the Garmin 430W for an Avidyne 440 and swapped out the Garmin 340 audio panel for a PSE 450B. Then at the annual in May had air conditioning installed. Now paint. In October I have the two panel Aspen MAX scheduled to go in with a new panel fabricated and removing all backup instruments and the vacuum system. I think I'll end up keeping this one.

• Like 1

Just now, KSMooniac said:

Excellent! In all your ownership experience, have you ever painted a plane before, or was this the first?

This was my first complete paint. I've had touch up paint done on a few before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fantom said:

Putting a Mooney paint scheme on a Bo was brilliant :wub:

It would look good on a Mooney but it was from a friend of mine's V35 Bonanza. I just had mine painted red where his is blue. The same shop did the paint.

IMG_7663.jpeg

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

That looks awesome! I hope to get a look at it up close someday.

I have a meeting at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs April 23-26, 2020. Otherwise you're always welcome here. Still no date on when we start building the casita but hopefully soon.

• Like 1