65 20E seats

I know the part numbers are different but does anyone know if 66 20F seats can be used in a 65 20E?  I want to add head rests (and shoulder harnesses) to my 65 20E.  I have found a complete set of matching seats from a 66 20F with real good upholstery for sale.  I think the front seats should go right in to my 65 without problem but the back seats concern me.  My current back seat in the 65 20E is one solid back.  The 66 20F back seat appears to have a split back that looks like two bucket seats.  Does anyone know if I can make the swap?

Or, does anyone know the best way to get high backs and/or head rests on to the front seats of my 65 20E?

Thanks.

Don't know about making the back taller, but several people here added headrests from their local junkyard; seems a particular Toyota model has the correct spacing between support rods, and they drop right into seats that have not previously had headrests. 

The headrests in my Nissan Frontier pickup fit my Mooney.  6" Spacing, 1/2" tube.  Headrests internals are easy to fab, Airtex sent me instructions:  2 Pieces of 1/2" diameter stainless tube 12" long.  1 Piece of .064 sheet aluminum 3" x 7".  Drill the sheet to the tubes and use machine screws to join.  Upholster.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

The headrests in my Nissan Frontier pickup fit my Mooney.  6" Spacing, 1/2" tube.  Headrests internals are easy to fab, Airtex sent me instructions:  2 Pieces of 1/2" diameter stainless tube 12" long.  1 Piece of .064 sheet aluminum 3" x 7".  Drill the sheet to the tubes and use machine screws to join.  Upholster.

You wouldn't happen to have those instructions would you? 

Instructions aren't much more than already told.  My Mooney used 1/2" tube, not 3/8".

Detailed instruction steps for each picture

Step 1        Use.064 aluminum

Step 2        Four tubes three eighths stainless steel 12 inches long

Step 3        Measure existing holes for proper spacing

Step 4        Cut plate down to 3 x 7

Step 5        Predrill holes

Step 6        Number 8 machine screw

Stept 7       Number 8 locknut

Step 8        Finished product

Taking foam off one of the rear seats. The 5/8" tube holds the 1/2" tube of the headrest.

Don't have finished product yet.  About 4 weeks away.

P1010661.thumb.JPG.030e4284300790ae25263b10491c4a9c.JPGheadrest.png.b11baebb1b17681fd884e589bf7a9d33.pngheadrest1.png.941dc244c14e093b5a651e5c845a2393.png