Flying video thread

bnicolette

Not a "how to", but a place to post any flying video's.  I know I enjoy searching them out on youtube when I'm bored.  You guys?

- Mooney - 2nd flight in my new "to me" Mooney

- Mooney - Lancaster to Latrobe Stopped in on the way home from work to meet the guys at Henry Weber

- Falcon 900 - West Palm to Wilmington - dropped pax in PBI and "dead heading" home.

Mooney - Video I made for our Niagara Falls trip.  First minute is flying, the rest is family stuff

- Mooney - Another video on the way to Niagara Falls.  Perfect morning to fly!!

Nothing very exciting here, just some videos in the airplane.

Nice videos Brett. You are the luckiest of all. You fly a Mooney and a Falcon! Which do you prefer? All you need now are two bumper stickers to put on them.

"My other Mooney is a Falcon!" and My other Falcon is a Mooney!"

Quote: Bnicolette

Thanks Doc.  Depends on the conditions I suppose.  If the weather was down or blowing like crazy, I would rather fly the Falcon, but to go out on a beautiful day to just enjoy "flight", well then I would rather be in the Mooney.  Honestly, I just love flying, so as long as the craft is airworthy, I'm going to enjoy myself whatever I'm in.  I have multiple jet ratings from over the years and my favorite by far was the Learjet 31A.  I once climbed to FL410 in just under 11 minutes and the highest I have had it was it's ceiling of FL510.  Very very quiet up there!!!  The air noise is almost nothing and if it's a clear day you can start to see the curvature of the earth, but it did not want to accelerate, so I was only there a couple minutes.  Back down to FL470 and then she was happy.

Flight from KBED to KILG Sunday. (Work)  Our true airspeed was 507 knots.  At the very end you can hear the controller telling us he was going to have to reduce our airspeed.  Yell

So, today I finally get a chance to get out to the airport in hopes of putting the Mooney through some paces after having a bunch of work done to it.  Last night I checked the weather and all was good except for marginal VFR forecast until 9am due to visibility less than 3 miles.  No problem, I’ll just file and go do a couple approaches.  I wake up at 5:30 this morning as my wife will be working today so I have to be home to watch the boys by 9:00.  No problem.  20 minutes to the airport 30 minutes to push the plane back in and drive home.  That gives me at least two hours of freedom to play.  The sun is just coming up at 6:00 and the hangar door is opening to let that little bit of daylight in.  The picture outside is very misty, just like a picture of Augusta golf course just as the sun is coming up.  It couldn’t possibly be a better/smoother/more beautiful morning to go flying.  Life is perfect!!  I get the door completely opened and do a general walk around the airplane only to notice that the left main is very low.  CRAP, I hadn’t purchased an air compressor for the hangar yet.  No problem.  I call the FBO and ask if they have a portable air tank, and to my delight they do, next question, how about an air gauge, negative he replies.  Things are still okay.  I run to Lowes and purchase a small air compressor, gauge, and also a battery charger (it was on my to get list) and quickly on my way back to the hangar.  In route I continue to look at my watch.  Time is ticking away, but still doable.  Perhaps I’ll just get out and do one approach.  Better than nothing I guess.  Seems like an eternity, but I get all the stuff unboxed and the compressor is plugged in and running like a champ.  I get my tool bag out, crawl under the left wing and proceed to take off the hubcap.  Two screws come out uneventfully, but as luck would have it the third one is stripped out and refuses to come loose.  COME ON (I exclaim, to myself)!!!!  Is somebody trying to tell me something????  Luckily I have a dremel in the trunk of my car so I go get a disc bit and cut a slot in the head of the screw and finally get it out.  I find a new screw, pump up the tire and get the 30lbs in it.  (It was down to 15 lbs, so it was pretty low.)  I now realize that there is NO time for me to pull the plane out, fly, put it back in and be home by 9am.  I am wet from head to toe as it was already 85 degrees this morning and extremely humid.

What a wonderful morning at the airport.  Well, there is always tomorrow!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lear 31 climb performance.  

5000 fpm and 300 knots over the ground through 11,000 feet coming out of Nashville today.  It is a really fun airplane to fly.  It will hold this till around FL180.  I have climbed it to FL410 in less than 13 minutes and ultimately had it to FL490 once and it was still climbing okay.  It's service ceiling is FL510 but I chickened out and when I went to 49 I only stayed there a minute or two then right back down.  It really likes FL450 and is routine in that airplane for range, but after that it goes the other way on the power curve. 

Climbing out of KBNA

Descending into KBNA