Do you or have you named your plane?

44 minutes ago, Mufflerbearing said:

I LOVE THIS!  Math is my son's (he is 17) passion and this happens to be my birthday!

Well happy birthday!  And thank you.  Tell your son a bi-plane has two wings. A pi-plane has 3.141592654.... irrational number of wings.

50 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Someone wise once said: "Friends don't let friends put curtains in their Mooney's"...  Wait a second- that a/c is no longer yours??!?

You are correct, that picture was taken the same week the Storms leveled our hangers, belongs to the insurance company now.

I was kinda fawn of the ol gals whore-house curtains personally...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mufflerbearing said:

I am hoping this will be my forever plane.  It was kind of a unicorn plane with everything I wanted already in it.

Nice work!  That plane has gorgeous paint and I really like the 430w/aspen interface. I always look at the upgrades and IMO it has $130k worth of upgrades over a base model. If you need help at all this week I live about two hours away just send me a PM. 

6 minutes ago, Cody Stallings said:

You are correct, that picture was taken the same week the Storms leveled our hangers, belongs to the insurance company now.

I was kinda fawn of the ol gals whore-house curtains personally...lol

I think you did well on the upgrade, even without the curtains...drawing me towards the 252 rockets. 

Edited by MIm20c

Names and nose art are popular with some...

or tail art too...

There are a few threads around here to cover a few planes over the years...

Some birds don’t get names... some people actively avoid hearing the phrase...  ‘you love that plane more than you love....(insert something important here)  :)

Best regards,

-a-

28 minutes ago, Rjfanjet said:

Blue. Color of the paint scheme.

Old Blue was on our list.  It was also the name of an awesome 1953 narrow nose Kenworth dump truck I used to drive.  It was the owners pride and joy.  When he sold his company to his son, this was the only piece of equipment he kept.

2 hours ago, Mufflerbearing said:

if it all checks out, ( read, can my wife see over the dash)

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Bring a cushion from an old patio set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UUTCZ8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought this so my son could see over the panel when we first got the plane. It fits the size of the seat cushion perfectly. Still have it in the hangar for when taking grand-kids or nieces and nephews flying.

8 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Bring a cushion from an old patio set!

My wife bought two new seat cushions that tie onto chair seats. She's 5'3" and sits on both. Shoot, I'm 5'11" and sit on a tapered 2" gel cushion, which lets me see the tip of the cowl and greatly improved my landings. 

1 hour ago, ArtVandelay said:

Baby, if you’re a Supernatural fan, it’s what he calls his car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife named ours Baby as well.  Not my choice, but hey, who am I to argue?

Mine is Perry. My son named it. I told him the Ovation was the fastest certified single-engine normally aspirated airplane when it came out and he said the peregrine falcon is the fastest animal so it made sense to name the plane Perry after the peregrine falcon.

After I agreed he admitted he actually named it after Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb. The name stuck, so Perry it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_the_Platypus

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

Mine is Perry. My son named it. I told him the Ovation was the fastest certified single-engine normally aspirated airplane when it came out and he said the peregrine falcon is the fastest animal so it made sense to name the plane Perry after the peregrine falcon.

After I agreed he admitted he actually named it after Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb. The name stuck, so Perry it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_the_Platypus

I got as far as the first two sentences and figured it came from Phineas and Ferb. My kids loved that show, I can probably still recite the theme song...

• Like 2

My DPE said last week he names planes based on its manufacturing year and the First Lady of the current administration at that time. His was Eleanor. If mine followed that logic, it would be Hillary. Nope.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

My DPE said last week he names planes based on its manufacturing year and the First Lady of the current administration at that time. 

That would make mine Lady Bird. Not bad!  I think I like it!

• Like 2