Do you or have you named your plane?

I am in contract with my first plane and yes, it is a Mooney!  While traveling with my wife to check out a new track we will be running an event at, the thought occurred to me that though we have named every race car, truck and passenger vehicle, we ought to come up with a name for our new family member.

So, have you named your plane and if so, what is it and how did you come to that name?

4 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Wife calls mine the mistress which implies leaving her nameless.  This will make it easier to upgrade in the future, just swap her out in the cover of darkness  

Congrats on the new plane!  Did you go with the Eagle?

I am hoping this will be my forever plane.  It was kind of a unicorn plane with everything I wanted already in it.  Yes, it is the Eagle.  It had a bit of a history, but was fixed by an MSC and has some great time on it since.  I am looking/flying it personally end of this week and then if it all checks out, ( read, can my wife see over the dash)  it is off to another MSC for a PPI.  Then it will come home.  It just had an annual, and the broker feels having an annual is enough, but hearing about others experiences on MS without a PPI, this is certainly the smart move. 

• Like 2

Same as Hank my Bravo just the plane.My 1988 201 was named Tommy, 1977 201 Mr Mike, My piper trainer was green, the flaming pickle I had a engine fire on my first solo quite an event and I was to stupid to quit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1