Mooney Speed Shop

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, mooneyflyer said:

Is Mooney Speed Shop still open?  I get an error when accessing www.MooneySpeedShop.com

So do I.

But when I was typing it into my phone, this came up and it works (the mobile site, no idea why it's different unless Mooney Corp. is just behind the times):

https://mooneyspeedshopm.merchorders.com/

• Thanks 1

There's been a glitch in their domain server since I found the site 18 months ago.  pasted links seem to get you an error. Google "Mooney Speed Shop", follow the link, it'll work. Bookmark that link for next time...the ladies like the SWAG, too, and if it makes them wanna fly more......:ph34r::D

IMG_20190910_173125358.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 1:55 PM, RogueOne said:

I like hats without buttons and have a “female” sized cranium? (7 1/8) so I am all over the clearance female caps without the top button.  :)

Almost all hats have the button, but they are easily removed, just pry one off and you’ll see. Pretty tough to remove but pry or pull hard enough and it will come off.

‘Most are held on with a metal or plastic piece inside of the hat that connects to the button, obviously installed after the hat is sewn and other than decoration has no purpose, except to cause a hot spot on your head if you wear a headset.

Strange knowledge from MS.  So I grabbed a random cap and pulled the button off then pull out the metal rivet.  No button.  But when I showed my wife she asked why I removed the button from her favorite cap?

grabbed 3 of definitely my caps and did all 3.  Last 2 I used wire cutters to clip the button off.  Think that is easier.  I never did like those buttons…

• Haha 2

When I was flying gliders with Soar Hawaii, they required the buttons to be removed from hats if flying in their gliders.   They had instances of the button punching a perfect little hole in the canopy.

• 1 month later...

I think these are now owner produced parts...and they don't even need a log entry! :lol:

https://flyboytoys.com/

I've had a few things made at Fly Boy Toys (i.e. shirts and coffee mugs) that turned out nice.  Not quite the same items as the speed shop, so I hope that the Mooney Speed Shop eventually resurfaces.  Perhaps this helps create demand so that when they reopen it sends an immediate cash feed!

• Haha 1

I was hoping not to go that route. I already have a mug and shirt from them. Definitely agree that the print was very nicely matched to my plane. The shirt brand quality was ok. 

I sure hope so. I want to support Mooney (if they even made anything off the swag).