Armrest for 62C?

Looking at redoing the interior of the 62C this winter. It currently does not have an armrest on either side of the cockpit. I have noticed that the other 62’s I have seen do not have one either.  Does anyone know if the side panel kits from the various online sources will allow me to add on an armrest with the bolt on side panels? Or possibly I can have one made if I have a local auto shop do the interior? The one I spoke to had concerns about what to anchor it to and thus I figured the Pre manufactured kits online would be my best option.  Has anyone ran into this before? 

Also I have been looking for a new or refurbished fuel selector for the floor board but can only find the ones that are for the later models, not the 62. The ones I find appear to be slightly different than the one currently installed.  

Thoughts?  Thanks! 

JA 

@jakearey, have you looked at Bruce Jaeger's Spatial Interior for your Mooney? You can end up with one nice looking interior that is easy to maintain and has the extras you want. It can be done a la carte or as a package. 

Fill out your avatar so we can maybe point you in the direction of a close location to do the work if you want to farm it out. Check out Bruce's web site at

https://www.jaegeraviation.com/home

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steingar said:

Be careful what you wish for, I yanked mine as well.  They were horribly uncomfortable, held my arm at a crazy angle if used, squished it if unused.  Mrs. Steingar said the same thing.

Steingar - so which armrest did you have installed?  The jeager interiors peak my interest but they are indeed twice the cost of the airtex interiors.  

On 8/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, jakearey said:

Looking at redoing the interior of the 62C this winter. It currently does not have an armrest on either side of the cockpit. I have noticed that the other 62’s I have seen do not have one either.  Does anyone know if the side panel kits from the various online sources will allow me to add on an armrest with the bolt on side panels? Or possibly I can have one made if I have a local auto shop do the interior? The one I spoke to had concerns about what to anchor it to and thus I figured the Pre manufactured kits online would be my best option.  Has anyone ran into this before? 

Also I have been looking for a new or refurbished fuel selector for the floor board but can only find the ones that are for the later models, not the 62. The ones I find appear to be slightly different than the one currently installed.  

Thoughts?  Thanks! 

JA 

Bruce Jaeger (the spatial interiors guy) of Jaeger Aviation fabricated some for me - here’s the thread:

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/18880-armrest-install-guidance/?tab=comments#comment-278776

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, steingar said:

Mine are the original Mooney armrests

@steingar a small point of clarification.  If you still have the parchment leather interior with oatmeal tufted carpet, the arm rests are not original.  The left and right side armrests (at least I think I added a retractable right side armrest...it's been awhile since I was in the plane) on the pilot's seat were added with the new interior.  The retractable arm rest had a clamp that attached to the right side of the seat upright.  The left arm rest was fastened to the side wall.  Installed like the one laid out in the Bruce Jaeger link.

I will take the blame for the awkward positioned armrests in your plane.  By the time those armrests were installed I just wanted the plane back after the dufus doing the interior build took 3 mos.  I wasn't going back for him to do more crappy work and take another 3 mos just to realign something that should have been done right the first time.   That dufus is also the reason the baggage door cover has misaligned stitching and some of the piping on the passenger side carpet is not quite right.  Thank goodness that guy is no longer in business.  What an f'ing nightmare that was.

William

Sorry to hear.  For what it's worth the interior has held up pretty well, except for the coffee stains in the headliner and carpet.  At least I hope that was coffee.  Was that you?  Those armrests are gone, though I have little holes in the sidewall.  Don't know what I'm going to do about those, maybe I'll just reinstall those armrests if I ever sell the aircraft.  maybe I'll sew in a nice patch or Mooney logo. Dunno.

1 hour ago, WilliamR said:

Ha! No, those stains were not mine.  I kept that plane spotless.  No easy task with such light colors as you well know.

William

Actually, its pretty easy to keep them spotless.  Don't allow any liquids more translucent than water.  Of course everything gets dirty over time, but at least I can do something about that.  The stains?  I have no doubt someone put their coffee in those nice cupholders, they were drinking and the airplane hit a bump.