Missile Coming Out Party

RogueOne

So much for a C63S lol...Ended up purchasing a new VW Arteon (2019 SE 4Motion).  All wheel drive for Iowa Winters and better fuel economy and function (Sportback will fit a couple of dog crates and clubs with seats folded) made more sense, sigh....Drove into Chicago and got a fantastic deal because...everybody wants SUV’s now days.  I had a manual CC and put over 120k on it with no service except oil changes.  Love the blind spot and rear alert for nanny’s.  The Apple CarPlay is also AWESOME.  268HP and 258torque from a four with DSS (damping adjustments) make it a pleasure.  Not fast, but very adequate...and 30+ MPG.  Better warranty in ‘19 vs. ‘20 and no changes...Model refresh has less buttons and NO all wheel drive in my SE trim.  Looking forward to using as a daily driver in upcoming retirement from Insurance grind...

CD565F04-3401-4DA0-ADB3-FA9703ECCAE2.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ve been looking for a decent deal on a 3/4-1 ton for the past few months. Not much out there. Dirt cheap interest rates and free (down payment) money to everyone has really cut down on inventory.  Glad you found the model you were looking for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Missile=Awesome said:

So much for a C63S lol...Ended up purchasing a new VW Arteon (2019 SE 4Motion).  All wheel drive for Iowa Winters and better fuel economy and function (Sportback will fit a couple of dog crates and clubs with seats folded) made more sense, sigh....Drove into Chicago and got a fantastic deal because...everybody wants SUV’s now days.  I had a manual CC and put over 120k on it with no service except oil changes.  Love the blind spot and rear alert for nanny’s.  The Apple CarPlay is also AWESOME.  268HP and 258torque from a four with DSS (damping adjustments) make it a pleasure.  Not fast, but very adequate...and 30+ MPG.  Better warranty in ‘19 vs. ‘20 and no changes...Model refresh has less buttons and NO all wheel drive in my SE trim.  Looking forward to using as a daily driver in upcoming retirement from Insurance grind...

Now you need a garage floor befitting the German vehicles you have.  I’m thinking nice black quartz in a polished/rough checkerboard pattern. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to (at annual) do the final connection to our 830.  We purchased fuel harness and after speaking with Tech contacts at both Shadin (existing fuel flow through minflow) and EDM that the Shadin totalizer will work fine.  We only need to connect two of the three wires to the harness as power is NOT required.  The power gets capped.  We also purchased the “Red Cube” and can install when the Shadin totalizer fails engine side.  You hold down the left button on Shadin and will cycle through and show the k factor.  The k factor is then input into the 830.  Anybody have the Shadin totalizer on their EDM830?  Sound like correct information?  Looking forward to rotating the edm830 into landscape and having % power indicated in addition to ALWAYS showing fuel quantity/used/flow ALL the time vs. toggling through the Shadin for used and quantity remaining.

Am I missing anything?

47DC4AD5-E973-48EA-966F-19639754C0BA.png

C5B11407-FFBD-4E5B-9A80-9C9A3E9F2209.png

1B80D6CD-8232-46C6-9917-D5EDDD1F55A3.png

85A5CD28-FE64-4826-A935-87E62A0CFB9C.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:37 PM, ArtVandelay said:

What’s the typical weights for a Missile? Empty, Max?

2087 empty. 1111 useful on our bird.  Max Take off weight is 3200.  Max Landing weight 3040.  Max Zero Fuel Weight 2900.  (Edited.  Sorry for initial BAD numbers)

Edited by Missile=Awesome
Wrong Numbers...
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, PJClark said:

Yeah, Gross weight for a Rocket or Missile is 3200 and max zero fuel weight is 2900.

@Missile=Awesome has a typo in his empty weight. My Rocket is "heavy" with empty weight at 2280.

100% right PJ.  I had “wrong numbers”...Shouldn’t of guessed.  I “fixed ‘em above”.  Thanks for heads up.  Scott

11 hours ago, MIm20c said:

Something’s not right with those numbers...base weight seems high and max weight is in the a36 range. I would WAG the gross is limited to 3200 ish. 

You are 100% correct.  Fixed numbers above.  Thanks to ALL for heads up.  Shouldn’t of guessed...Especially while sitting on a dock imbibing in libations... :)

Thanks Mlm,

Scott

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, Missile=Awesome said:

CD565F04-3401-4DA0-ADB3-FA9703ECCAE2.jpeg

Finally a buyers market, I bought two MB this summer, SL& S class, I need to keep my Cad XT5 until the lease ends in December, I did extensive research in the purchase process ended up having to have the SL shipped from Florida to Delaware. If your willing to put in hours or in my case weeks to research the market thousands can be saved, plus what else can we do with our extra time. Can’t golf after dark.. Your VW looks awesome.

• Like 3

Sorry Art, that was WRONG initial numbers...I corrected above.  Scott

Either way, it proves that the early Js are structurally capable of having their MGW increase to 2900lbs.
That would give me a useful load of about 1160lbs, or about 800lbs of payload with full tanks. That’s pretty darn good.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

Either way, it proves that the early Js are structurally capable of having their MGW increase to 2900lbs.
That would give me a useful load of about 1160lbs, or about 800lbs of payload with full tanks. That’s pretty darn good.

Specific verbiage on gear “beef up” for Missile.

2A7895FC-59A3-4092-85C6-A3B42A06F4C8.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Yeah, that’s a tough check to write, but the benefits...especially from Paul...will outweigh the temporary checkbook pain.  ;-)

Got great news that the Aux tanks are NOT leaking and need no strip and reseal.  Yeah!  Mains had original sealant and were a complete strip and reseal.  We had Paul reseal our M20E.  Indeed a class act that does exceptional tank work on Mooney’s.  Shouldn’t have to ever “deal with a leaky tank/fuel smell” again in my flying career.  Cheers to that and to Weep No More! :)

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, Missile=Awesome said:

2087 empty. 1111 useful on our bird.  Max Take off weight is 3200.  Max Landing weight 3040.  Max Zero Fuel Weight 2900.  (Edited.  Sorry for initial BAD numbers)

Most Missile's are 3200 gross. Mine is about 40 lbs heavier empty, so my useful load is not quite at 1100, but I'll be close to that soon with a few upgrades.

-Seth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seth said:

Most Missile's are 3200 gross. Mine is about 40 lbs heavier empty, so my useful load is not quite at 1100, but I'll be close to that soon with a few upgrades.

-Seth

Feel free to download some interior and exterior shots here Seth.  Come one Missile...Come ALL to this Missile party.  Would love to see some pics with the new 4-blade fan out front too.  THAT is the ultimate “lighten ‘r up” UPGRADE! :)