Missile Coming Out Party

RogueOne

Our super clock battery failed and we sent in.  It was “not able to be repaired due to being to old” so we got a credit toward a new one.  Combination Volt/Amp EI going on far right of panel at annual so it will be bookend EI Superclock and voltmeter.  Should maybe gain another pound of UL with pulling of fuel flow and separate amp and volt meters.  I like the idiot light if it goes to discharge on the EI unit and the digital vs. analog that we have now.

Scott, I like your taste I’m on the other end of great German cars, my golf bag has a Villanova cat instead of a badger on it otherwise great taste in your choices. Your Porsche arguably is the best sports car available on the road

999DF87D-06A9-48E0-9ADD-60BE233CE286.jpeg

149A0539-D7BE-4B8B-93D2-4473A1875356.jpeg

AA1F9E4B-75EF-4667-A8FA-77C8B08E66E1.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Danb said:

Scott, I like your taste I’m on the other end of great German cars, my golf bag has a Villanova cat instead of a badger on it otherwise great taste in your choices. Your Porsche arguably is the best sports car available on the road

999DF87D-06A9-48E0-9ADD-60BE233CE286.jpeg

149A0539-D7BE-4B8B-93D2-4473A1875356.jpeg

AA1F9E4B-75EF-4667-A8FA-77C8B08E66E1.jpeg

Beautiful Dan!  LOL on the golfbags.  I am saving up for a C63S for daily driver in retirement.  AMG and Merck’s are AWESOME too :)

You can’t be an aviator and not appreciate a Boilermaker either.  But I have friends that are Badgers and Cats.
Funny thing about Missles and “land missles”. They both bring smiles. And both of yours are very nice  

I have an affinity for German cars too, having owned 3 AMGs among other Marques (One of which even had a (cough) propeller on the hood) but there’s a special place for the 911 in my heart too.  
Even though they corrupted it with liquid cooling.   Just kidding.  They made them even better.  

I’m curious how the son and two golf bags fit in the GTS. We know they built the SL to handle two golf bags in the boot (drivers removed).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nick Pilotte said:

You can’t be an aviator and not appreciate a Boilermaker either.  But I have friends that are Badgers and Cats.
Funny thing about Missles and “land missles”. They both bring smiles. And both of yours are very nice  

I have an affinity for German cars too, having owned 3 AMGs among other Marques (One of which even had a (cough) propeller on the hood) but there’s a special place for the 911 in my heart too.  
Even though they corrupted it with liquid cooling.   Just kidding.  They made them even better.  

I’m curious how the son and two golf bags fit in the GTS. We know they built the SL to handle two golf bags in the boot (drivers removed).  

With rear seats folded two cart bags fit...Barely though lol

7 minutes ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Scott,

And I still owe you a ride in the IVPT!!

I might owe @aviatoreb one too, but doubt he'll ever stop on his fly overs of the U.P.   :lol:

Tom

OMG!  I am SOOOOOOO coming one day.  I had plans this summer - cancelled because of - you know pandemic - but I am SOOOOO going to come next year.  :-). Promise you will still remember me please when I knock on your door (no worry I would pre-arrange).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

OMG!  I am SOOOOOOO coming one day.  I had plans this summer - cancelled because of - you know pandemic - but I am SOOOOO going to come next year.  :-). Promise you will still remember me please when I knock on your door (no worry I would pre-arrange).

Just tell him you are looking to buy a new truck. I’m sure he will let you in.  Then you can ask for the IVPT ride. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting to see the “All in for electric” in Car & Driver and here on Mooneyspace.  Not my thing.  I get that the acceleration is amazing, but I am meh to that...to a degree.  Oil prices are very reasonable due to North American ability to frack.  I love the sound of an ICE.  Compared to electric there is just no contest for me.  I am all about competition and welcome electric cars, but not buying the environmental angle with the electric grid/supply in U.S.  The range issue and ability to quickly recharge (everywhere) is another issue that makes electric a meh.  Not an electric hater, but definitely an ICE lover.  

3 hours ago, Missile=Awesome said:

New Tires?  Check.  Digital Volt/Amp gauge?  Check.  Fuel flow harness for 830?  Check...

When you look forward to an annual.  Priceless.

86777C04-355F-480B-9AB6-C1C461E429AA.jpeg

Is that one of the mythical hangar fairies watching over the new parts?

Clarence

Ahhhh young apprentice’s that is “The child” from The Mandalorian series.  First season was quite entertaining.  It sits a-top a custom Ruffed Grouse Cribbage board on top of an original “Badger” brass fire extinguisher...Office “must haves” Yes...Take you to the annual I will...hmmmm, not a Jedi yet are you.

• 2 weeks later...

Great weekend for the Missile!  Other owners got their long awaited insurance checkouts from a super knowledgeable fellow Mooneyspace CFI.  I am not instrument rated and other owner not current.  We were able to shoot a couple simulated (VFR conditions) approaches at ALO and the dual G5’s and autopilot worked fantastic.  Learned a lot during our interior/under cowl and walk around inspection/pre-flight.  Icing on the cake was the newly checked out owners flying our bird on his first solo to Weep-No-More (Paul Beck) for a tank re-seal.  (Original sealant on mains have had some patching and will get a strip and seal) Aux long range tanks will get a patching (as needed).  Looking forward (already) to having our girl back for more adventures.