Missile Coming Out Party

RogueOne

2 hours ago, RogueOne said:

So a rocket and a Missile walk into a bar...lol

Photo op?

I have relatives in Cherokee Village I visit on a semi-regular basis.  It would be fun to get the girls together sometime!

You just say when. I can meet you there about anytime for some photos.

I don’t know if Sharp Co Regional (CVK)  Could handle that much Firepower on the Ramp at once.

Missile + Rocket= Firepower!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DanM20C said:

Congrats Scott! 

We will have to arrange another Lone Rock Breakfast meet up so I can get a ride it that thing:)!  It's beautiful!

Cheers,

Dan

Sounds good. Waiting on ferry pilot. She sounded downright mean at full power runup today. Here is a photo of both on ramp. 

435572C0-6BAE-4673-8C52-C200B7FBF225.jpeg

3 hours ago, RogueOne said:

Sounds good. Waiting on ferry pilot. She sounded downright mean at full power runup today. Here is a photo of both on ramp. 

435572C0-6BAE-4673-8C52-C200B7FBF225.jpeg

OK, you comment on the color, now post a picture from the sunny side so we can see what the durn color is!!

I have a non-traditional, sorta-red paint scheme, too, just not in the modern stripey style. I'll keep my pictures out of your celebration.  :P

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:52 AM, bonal said:

Congratulations Scott, that is one fine looking Mooney. Can't wait to read some pireps on its performance. So I can be even more jealous than just about the GT3. Awesome job and good luck with the sale of your E. Another great Mooney.

Thank you.  Could/would not of happened without third Co-Owner entry into LLC.  Ha Ha my “other” is only a lowly GTS.  GT3 was beyond my realm.  She is a “tweener” vs. a dedicated road able track beast.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, RogueOne said:

Games do have a winner and loser.  Thank you for not moving beyond super sleuth AND thank you for your help on avionics questions too.  I just could never even think of doing something like that to anyone.  (Steal a deal out from underneath someone), but I know that there are people that would and sleep just fine.  Glad you are a class act.

Well you did publicly post your intentions on the Internet, so...:lol:

Just now, RogueOne said:

Yup.  Guilty as charged.  I am “moving on” from this.  History shall paint me as a trusting idiot.  That is a good description, so...

With all that said, plane looks amazing! Now that it’s yours I’m looking forward to pireps once it’s back in the air where it belongs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I didn't think there was such a thing, an overpowered airplane??

Tom

(with 724 HP on a 2500 pound plane).

Don't they make any more powerful Pt's than 724hp?!  I mean what's wrong with 725hp?  It wouldn't hurt anything just one more measly horsepower would it?

I bet there's a little screw in the back - you could just turn that screw all the way up to warp factor 9?

The PT6Acovers the power range between 580 and 1,940 shp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_Canada_PT6

think that would be one very fine Lancair running 1940shp instead of that lack luster measly little 724hp.  Don't feel bad though. I won't tell anyone.

:-O

(Silly, Irony born of green eyed jealousy). 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

Don't they make any more powerful Pt's than 724hp?!  I mean what's wrong with 725hp?  It wouldn't hurt anything just one more measly horsepower would it?

I bet there's a little screw in the back - you could just turn that screw all the way up to warp factor 9?

The PT6Acovers the power range between 580 and 1,940 shp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_Canada_PT6

think that would be one very fine Lancair running 1940shp instead of that lack luster measly little 724hp.  Don't feel bad though. I won't tell anyone.

:-O

(Silly, Irony born of green eyed jealousy). 

And  that coming from my ONE MOONEY FRIEND that never has the time to stop and see me every time he FLIES RIGHT OVER MY AIRPORT?  At least @gsxrpilot felt I was worth the time to stop by and get some “stick time”, I might add, “LOG ABLE STICK TIME”  in a turbine.   Guess I know who my friends are.  Maybe the rest of my friends are afraid PAUL set the bar too high!!!  

TOM

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

And  that coming from my ONE MOONEY FRIEND that never has the time to stop and see me every time he FLIES RIGHT OVER MY AIRPORT?  At least @gsxrpilot felt I was worth the time to stop by and get some “stick time”, I might add, “LOG ABLE STICK TIME”  in a turbine.   Guess I know who my friends are.  Maybe the rest of my friends are afraid PAUL set the bar too high!!!  

TOM

I KNOW I KNOW!  :-). You have called out what a flake-o-rama I have been. I WILL stop by - soon I hope!

I had thought to stop by in June when I was coming home from Minnesota but a wall of a storm blocked the way and sent me to Iowa instead.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N314EB/history/20190627/1803Z/KBDH/KBTL

Please forgive me and save that ride for me when FINALLY I come.  And buy you dinner and if you'll still give me a ride...then all the better.  Until then...please forgive me and bear with me.

E

• Haha 2

Missile was successfully ferried to our A&P for its first annual in six years.  Flight was uneventful and completed by its former 700 + hours in Missile pilot.  Look forward to learning more about engine and airframe.  Hope to have my first flight after a well earned two week vacation with my bestie.

• Like 4

I thought plane was not going into annual for a couple of weeks, but Brian said he started today (yesterday).  All compressions were good.  Timing on both mags was 2 degrees off at 24 instead of 22.  Oil and filter changed.  Some heat tape replaced on engine mount.  Prop oil drained (was black)...Had not been done “in a while”.  Airframe next.  Gear retraction had not been done for six years so we shall see.  We are pulling the 530 and the 330 for upgrades to get ADSB compliant.  530 gets Wass and the 330 gets ES software.  The 396 gps uses one of the “close together exterior antennas and the 430 the other (non wass).  The 530 antenna is on rear of plane.  That will get updated to Wass and an r32 line to the 530 from 330.  He is sending in to Avionics shop that will send to Garmin tomorrow.  We have a refurbished magnometer for HSI that is also getting installed.  The whole exhaust and engine mount were refurbished at the last annual (prior to six year lay-up) and have <300 hours on them.  That is GOOD as the exhaust is EXPENSIVE (custom to Missile).  A little “gunk/sludge/particles” in oil filter prior to oil change after ferry flight”.  Filter was cut prior to flight and no metal (magnet) in media.  No metal just a little gunk after ferry.  Possibly released in engine from sitting and then being ground run hard and ferried with gear down.  Saw some elevated cylinder temps on ferry.  Hoping that is because gear were down.  Missile exhaust is right by gear and would likely be impacted by the gear being down.  We shall see.  Running on condition as engine is at TBO 1700 since major overhaul.

New batteries and spark plugs.  Not seeing any sign of tank leaks with 20 aside for ferry.  Looking forward to flying the missile.  Some interest and a couple offers on our M20E, but not where we need to be for a sale yet.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, RogueOne said:

We are pulling the 530 and the 330 for upgrades to get ADSB compliant.  530 gets Wass and the 330 gets ES software.

Why not swap out the 530 for an Avidyne 540? Then you're getting modern box, not one based on a 20+ year old design. And the Avidyne offers SO much more than any version of 530.

Chase @Avionics Source always has good deals on trading old Garmin for new Avidyne equipment.

2 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

Why not swap out the 530 for an Avidyne 540? Then you're getting modern box, not one based on a 20+ year old design. And the Avidyne offers SO much more than any version of 530.

Chase @Avionics Source always has good deals on trading old Garmin for new Avidyne equipment.

Work the numbers for me.  What is the price of the 540?  Trade in for 530.  We are $4500 to upgrade the 530.

5 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

Work the numbers for me.  What is the price of the 540?  Trade in for 530.  We are $4500 to upgrade the 530.

I can't quote prices for Chase @Avionics Source but contact him here through PM or his E-Mail is: Chase@avionicssource.com or office phone: (206) 726-0088. I believe right now Avidyne has a special when you buy (or trade for) a 540 they include a free AXP322 remote ADS-B out transponder as well so also consider you wouldn't have to upgrade the 330 to ES.

Edited by KLRDMD

23 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

I can't quote prices for Chase @Avionics Source but contact him here through PM or his E-Mail is: Chase@avionicssource.com or office phone: (206) 726-0088. I believe right now Avidyne has a special when you buy (or trade for) a 540 they include a free AXP322 remote ADS-B out transponder as well so also consider you wouldn't have to upgrade the 330 to ES.

Retails for $15k.  If 530 was Waas it is $10 grand, but it is not so we would be looking at $6 grand for 530 plus having to sell it.  $9 grand difference...

41 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

Retails for $15k.  If 530 was Waas it is $10 grand, but it is not so we would be looking at $6 grand for 530 plus having to sell it.  $9 grand difference...

With the 540 you also get Wifi, BlueTooth & Forward Looking Terrain Awareness (FLTA), none of which is available on a 530 of any flavor. Chase takes trades, you wouldn't have to sell the 530. And the 540 deal includes an ADS-B out transponder. Will it end up being more than just updating the 530 to WAAS, yes. But will you get MUCH more, absolutely! Ask around on MS and I doubt you'll find one person that made the switch that doesn't feel it was worth it. And Chase's price may be better than you're imagining.

• Like 1