Missile Coming Out Party

RogueOne

Couple photos of Paul Beck’s completed three step tank re-sealing process looks like at completion.  Also a photo of wing after re-assembly of panels and re-finish of wingwalk.  Match painted screws are re-used and red and white touch up completed as necessary.  Just outstanding work...

Plane down <2weeks.  Truly amazing.

I don’t think Paul would mind my sharing that his youngest son is going to pursue his A&P after graduating High School, following his oldest son and Paul into the Certified ranks.  Gives me hope for the future of Aviation and our country when young are pursuing careers and achieving success.  Go Mooney!  Go Aviation!  Go USA!

FAA65774-A04E-4217-B927-0DD47A247399.jpeg

F2EE00B5-2899-461E-BDCD-D3ED62149996.jpeg

B7CE3005-2024-4A59-B56F-45B53D63816A.jpeg

• Like 2

Couple photos of Paul Beck’s completed three step tank re-sealing process looks like at completion.  Also a photo of wing after re-assembly of panels and re-finish of wingwalk.  Match painted screws are re-used and red and white touch up completed as necessary.  Just outstanding work...
Plane down

How much paint damage due to the fuel tank work (chemicals damaging the paint vs the removing of inspection panels?

11 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

How much paint damage due to the fuel tank work (chemicals damaging the paint vs the removing of inspection panels?

Art, I don’t think there was any paint damage from chemical as the tanks are sealed when strip is completed.  When you remove the individual panels you can get some small paint spot removal as the plane is painted with the access panels in place.  On underside (white) very difficult to notice and easy touch-up.  Top red, darker, more noticeable?  Regardless this is “minor” paint touch-up.  Paul provides a bottle of white and red so we will be able to do minor chip fixes on cowl and other areas which is nice.  :)

So Scott posts a beautiful woman in a swim suit (that's on the site through ads!!) and gets one like before mine.  Chris posts his, shall we say rather large woman, in swim wear and gets +4. 

For a group of pilots proud of  fit, clean and fast airplanes (Mooney), I'm baffled. :wacko:  You guys really need to "raise the bar".

Tom

(NEVER been a fan of Marauder's girls.  Just ask the trash (puke) can next to my computer.)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

So Scott posts a beautiful woman in a swim suit (that's on the site through ads!!) and gets one like before mine.  Chris posts his, shall we say rather large woman, in swim wear and gets +4. 

For a group of pilots proud of  fit, clean and fast airplanes (Mooney), I'm baffled. :wacko:  You guys really need to "raise the bar".

Tom

(NEVER been a fan of Marauder's girls.  Just ask the trash (puke) can next to my computer.)

Thanks Tom.  Just another reason why we need to hand sanitize and do an “in person” hand shake lol....

Edited by Missile=Awesome

4 minutes ago, Missile=Awesome said:

CID/ Cedar Rapids Iowa was devastated with straight line sustained winds gusting over 80mph yesterday. Tremendous property damage. No power to 95% of city including airport. Could not secure plane in hanger due to no power.  2020 is a tough year...

Is the plane damaged?

Sad news, but good about the plane. Hope your home is equally unhurt.

We had a derecho come through WV a few years back. It was unsettling watching all of the tornadoes and suspected tornadoes going through for hours on all TV channels. All we lost was power and water for a week, with daily temps in the high 90s. 

Best wishes for you and yours!!

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Missile=Awesome said:

No, sorry I should of clarified. Co owner flew in after storm. Told might be week(s) before power is restored...sigh...

Hopefully you’ll be able to get the plane in under cover sooner than that.  Can you run the door on a portable generator?

Clarence

12 hours ago, Hank said:

Sad news, but good about the plane. Hope your home is equally unhurt.

We had a derecho come through WV a few years back. It was unsettling watching all of the tornadoes and suspected tornadoes going through for hours on all TV channels. All we lost was power and water for a week, with daily temps in the high 90s. 

Best wishes for you and yours!!

Yes, derecho is what media is calling it. House is damaged (roof/siding/trim) but we are insured and MANY have it much worse with downed mature trees on houses and some IN house :(

Farms crops still being assessed, but millions of acres impacted. Many farm and coop bins impacted that will have long term storage ramifications...

• 1 month later...

Operationally, you may see air entering through the coupling...

The change of A:F ratio, when large enough, will show up on the engine monitor... making your GAMI spread larger...

See if the gami spread changes with the new one in place...

Expect that unfiltered air may be entering the intake this way...

This all may depend on where that coupling was... there may be five others just like it..?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1