Missile Coming Out Party

RogueOne

2 hours ago, RogueOne said:

Work the numbers for me.  What is the price of the 540?  Trade in for 530.  We are $4500 to upgrade the 530.

530 - $4.5k

530w - $8.5k

540 - $11.5k 

I personally think the 540 is the best value in gps/nav/com’s right now. Especially considering the slide in capability in the old 530 slot. However, with new gps/com units coming out like the Garmin 355 its hard to know what values will do in the future. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Feel my pain...Plane comes through annual and ADSB upgrade. Carrier modifies demand of 25 hour unicorn cfi missile flight to just a two hour orientation flight with a 25 hour missile pilot... Awesome right?  Nope because he works for an AG company that is massively behind on harvest. Might get flight in by T-giving. Oh the humanity...Anticipation. Anticipation...Making me wait. Keeping me waiting... You’ll have that. Time to install led landing/taxi light and hard wired Aera...Patience is a virtue. Painful as it is. Stay tuned...

Edited by RogueOne
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, RogueOne said:

Feel my pain...Plane comes through annual and ADSB upgrade. Carrier modifies demand of 25 hour unicorn cfi missile flight to just a two hour orientation flight with a 25 hour missile pilot... Awesome right?  Nope because he works for an AG company that is massively behind on harvest. Might get flight in by T-giving. Oh the humanity...Anticipation. Anticipation...Making me wait. Keeping me waiting... You’ll have that. Time to install led landing/taxi light and hard wired Aera...Patience is a virtue. Painful as it is. Stay tuned...

You might try finding a Mooney instructor and get him/her added to the insurance without any transition required.  Have that instructor do your transition training.  Your agent should be able to help you make that happen.

3 hours ago, smccray said:

You might try finding a Mooney instructor and get him/her added to the insurance without any transition required.  Have that instructor do your transition training.  Your agent should be able to help you make that happen.

We have crossed the insurance bridge and have “our pilot” named and blessed by our carrier.  We are required to have a two hour duel orientation to be insured.  THAT is the minimum.  If I am not comfortable in the plane I will fly with him for as long as it takes.  I wasn’t looking for a solution to a problem that has been solved other than timing...

Thanks though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 8:36 PM, MIm20c said:

Lots of Mooney instructors out there with rocket /missile time. I’d fly them in and pay for a full day of transition training.  End of November can bring some crap weather to parts of the US as well. 

Name some.  My Co-Owner would be interested...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flight2000 said:

Nice!!  When did you move into the new hangar or did the airport finally decide to complete the one you were in that had no walls?

Cheers,

Brian

Ha. Ha.  It has been quite a few years since we were in the ”West T’s”/Group hanger Brian.  Just sold our E so we relocated the Missile to our “four wall” hanger at CID.  “The good ‘ol days” of gravel and Starlings are just memories...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

After being banished for an indefinite period for responding Wimp when poster said “call me a wimp”...(neglected to put smiley face after) and being told by Administrator “You will just get another email like you have done before” I have, after months, decided to do just that.

1. I will keep my comments here and only here.

2. I will continue to emote ONLY on other threads so I can not be construed as personally attacking another member.

3. My Name is Nobody, ScottFromIowa, Rogue and now Missile=Awesome is “back”.

4. PM me if you wish to dialogue. Otherwise I will remain compartmentalized here so Mooneyspace remains civil.

5. I would of continued to emote, but not being able to respond to PM’s was not a good feeling...(Blame “those guys” Mooneyspacers...

• Like 1

Just now, Andy95W said:

Good to have you back, Scott.  I'm still jealous of your Missile!  Lucky SOB... (I'll include this: :) so that everyone knows I'm not being mean or insensitive.)

Awesome picture, by the way-

IMG_2425.JPG

Thanks Andy.  Would of been an unfulfilled dream without two co-owners.  That is Tuck “lurking” in baggage.  His little brother Paddle (Both named after BOB pilots) is hogging back seat :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Kinda wondered why you stopped posting all of a sudden.  Hopefully you can stretch the legs of the missile more than I have lately. Just lots of trips around MI as the kids and job keep me close to home and busy. 

Yup, one word and “you’re out” (like Kramer laying down a Benjamin). Still able to follow Mooneyspace and emote.  Better for all if I just stay here and share content about our Missile.  Have been to Indiana/Arkansas and Wisconsin so far.  Upgraded the dual G5 installation with vacuum removal.  The S-Tec 20 and system 60pss work fantastic with the G5’s.  Just upgraded EDM700 to the 830.  Really like that upgrade adding MP/RPM right in front of pilot.  Purchased fuel flow harness as we can use existing totalizer and integrate fuel flow into 830.  Will probably go landscape with that install.  Plane is just a joy to fly.  I land full flaps and just like my E except knots instead of MPH for numbers.  E was heavy on trim just like Missile.  No difference in landing characteristics.  I go to idle and let it come down at 80.  Round out and let it settle in.  Love it!  We have a UL of 1111.  Life is good.  Missile=Awesome :)

• Like 1