Missile Coming Out Party

RogueOne

9 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

Closed the deal today on Missile #42.  Here are a few Photos of our new bird.  Looking forward to being “A Missile Guy”...

A Special “Thank You” to Jon & Seth for their wise council.

11D9883F-F4CD-4D50-9F31-0AE3ACE542B2.jpeg

9DD8928A-7B60-4CEC-A149-180A0D2BA7F0.jpeg

24147DC4-3393-494E-8CB4-6E4F2F30232B.jpeg

7317963A-60C4-4108-A3B0-BA1903807DE8.jpeg

Oh you sneaky guy!

hows she fly?

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Oh you sneaky guy!

hows she fly?

Ha Ha.  Just had pre-buy today.  Ferrying tomorrow after a couple “do’s”.  Then into annual.  THEN I get to take her up and see what “The Missile life is like”.  Looking forward to that Big Time.  Insurance just required a check ride for me and co-owner.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, smccray said:

Just for the record... that's not the tail number I suspected in your other thread...sneaky guy!  Congrats on the new bird!!!

DD was definitely the owner when I initially searched on the old thread. The main hint was the inactivity period and the flight aware tracks.  Add the fact that it had to be a corporation because of the professional pilot and bingo. Luckily I have morals and no desire to intervene with a higher bid. 

Rogue did well, low ball the heck, and sell at the top. I need to get better at this with my stock picks :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

DD was definitely the owner when I initially searched on the old thread. The main hint was the inactivity period and the flight aware tracks.  Add the fact that it had to be a corporation because of the professional pilot and bingo. Luckily I have morals and no desire to intervene with a higher bid. 

Rogue did well, low ball the heck, and sell at the top. I need to get better at this with my stock picks :)

I did the same analysis but I remember looking at the birds registered in IA.  That tail number was registered in SD.

Was more about the search than trying to get in the way.  I've seen people make their living getting in the way of others' business.  Not my style.  Hell- I found the tail number and owner of a cryptically presented airplane when I was looking for a plane.  Never screw someone in a deal... the next deal is always more valuable than this one.  I want a seat at the table for the next deal.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Maybe just morals.  That intervention would of had repercussions that I am glad neither of us needed to experience.That’s a creepy “hobby you have”...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RogueOne said:

Maybe just morals.  That intervention would of had repercussions that I am glad neither of us needed to experience.That’s a creepy “hobby you have”...

You made it into a game, not my fault for using the entertainment value. Same reason I spent my time over PM’s explaining how your avionics work together. 

• Like 1

Just now, MIm20c said:

You made it into a game, not my fault for using the entertainment value. Same reason I spent my time over PM’s explaining how your avionics work together. 

Games do have a winner and loser.  Thank you for not moving beyond super sleuth AND thank you for your help on avionics questions too.  I just could never even think of doing something like that to anyone.  (Steal a deal out from underneath someone), but I know that there are people that would and sleep just fine.  Glad you are a class act.

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

Congrats on getting the job done!

How Long did it take from first thought, to closed deal?

That is amazing.

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you -a-.  From my PM to you on July 10th to today, but probably festering in my orbits from June 19th when a customer showed me his light sport that was in front of Tango-Golf.  Lust at first sight?  Yup.  From first sight to check handover just over a month.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cody Stallings said:

That is a Beautiful Overpowered Mooney!!!

The Paint is a spitting image of my Rocket.

So a rocket and a Missile walk into a bar...lol

Photo op?

I have relatives in Cherokee Village I visit on a semi-regular basis.  It would be fun to get the girls together sometime!

33 minutes ago, steingar said:

Looks fast, even though it's not red.  And spanky.  I think I might have got a teensy bit of drool on the keyboard.

Now THAT is my kind of compliment!  Thanks Steingar.  Spanky might just be her new nickname.  It’s kinda red in a 49er kinda way?  :)

Congratulations Scott, that is one fine looking Mooney. Can't wait to read some pireps on its performance. So I can be even more jealous than just about the GT3. Awesome job and good luck with the sale of your E. Another great Mooney.

• Thanks 1