BK Radio Repair Recommendations

CaptRJM

My trusty KX165 has suddenly started acting up.  It will not receive VOR or Localizer and Glide slope is consistently reading low.  We know it is certainly the radio as I swapped in a known good one and it works fine .... so, the problem is certainly the radio, not the installation.

Any recommendations who to send it to for fairly priced service?

Yes, I know I should look at a replacement but not in the budget right now.

4 hours ago, CaptRJM said:

My trusty KX165 has suddenly started acting up.  It will not receive VOR or Localizer and Glide slope is consistently reading low.  We know it is certainly the radio as I swapped in a known good one and it works fine .... so, the problem is certainly the radio, not the installation.

Any recommendations who to send it to for fairly priced service?

Yes, I know I should look at a replacement but not in the budget right now.

Not that the above is the case, but I understood that 155's and 165's displays could no longer be repaired for lack of parts. Can one of the shops listed here repair them?

2 hours ago, vorlon1 said:

Not that the above is the case, but I understood that 155's and 165's displays could no longer be repaired for lack of parts. Can one of the shops listed here repair them?

Bad displays are replaced, not repaired.  The OEM gas discharge display is no longer available.  However, BK does sell an upgraded led display.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...