GO AROUND! Vehicle on the Runway! Sky Manor - N6887N

PilotFun101

Subscribe and Fly Along! There was a golf cart on the runway on my short final. Had to go around or I would have hit the cart with my wing. Talk about a bad day if that happened.  Thank's for Flying Along! 

E-mail - PilotFun101@gmail.com

Follow me - facebook.com/PilotFun101

Cameras - GoPro.com (Hero 5)

Transponder - l-3lynx.com

Headsets - Bose.com GPS - Garmin.com

Check out aviation fun stuff on Amazon https://www.amazon.com

This Video is for entertainment purposes only and is not to be considered flight instruction in any way. Please contact your local CFI for flight instruction. #PilotFun101 #HelpingToInspireOthers #AviationIsWorthPursuing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PilotFun101 said:

Subscribe and Fly Along! There was a golf cart on the runway on my short final. Had to go around or I would have hit the cart with my wing. Talk about a bad day if that happened.  Thank's for Flying Along! 

E-mail - PilotFun101@gmail.com

Follow me - facebook.com/PilotFun101

Cameras - GoPro.com (Hero 5)

Transponder - l-3lynx.com

Headsets - Bose.com GPS - Garmin.com

Check out aviation fun stuff on Amazon https://www.amazon.com

This Video is for entertainment purposes only and is not to be considered flight instruction in any way. Please contact your local CFI for flight instruction. #PilotFun101 #HelpingToInspireOthers #AviationIsWorthPursuing

Good eyes.

I once did a go around at my home airport - uncontrolled airport - in the winter when the plow guy was on the runway but neglected to bring his radio.  Talk about hitting an immovable object, a full size plow...  I saw him - and he saw me buzzing over at 100ft along the runway line.

Other than that, we do get deer more than once in a blue moon up here in the north country, on the roads, in the gardens, ...and on the runways.  And geese.  No joke - the UPS plane once had a blow out due to hard braking to avoid geese.

Eyes open!

Well done sir.

• Like 1

It is a great little airport for sure! 

28 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Good eyes.

I once did a go around at my home airport - uncontrolled airport - in the winter when the plow guy was on the runway but neglected to bring his radio.  Talk about hitting an immovable object, a full size plow...  I saw him - and he saw me buzzing over at 100ft along the runway line.

Other than that, we do get deer more than once in a blue moon up here in the north country, on the roads, in the gardens, ...and on the runways.  And geese.  No joke - the UPS plane once had a blow out due to hard braking to avoid geese.

Eyes open!

Well done sir.

Thanks aviatoreb  Always watching you never know.  Animals I get but vehicles on the runway with no radio on a uncontrolled airport I really don't get.  

3 minutes ago, PilotFun101 said:

It is a great little airport for sure! 

Thanks aviatoreb  Always watching you never know.  Animals I get but vehicles on the runway with no radio on a uncontrolled airport I really don't get.  

It is forbidden - but seems like people break rules.  Sometimes with intentional disregard, and sometimes for lack of. training/knowledge, and sometimes people forget.  Point is eyes open to bridge the gap for other people's mistakes if necessary.

• Like 1

You may find Sky Manor to be full of avid airplane owners... and partial owners of the airport itself...

the distance from hangars to restaurant is a long walk... making golf carts kind of popular....

Not much pavement everywhere... what is there gets shared...  there is a full length taxiway...

Now, If I were a cart driver... I think monitoring CTAF and visually monitoring the traffic pattern would make extra sense...

Plenty of ways to make a mistake with this activity...  uncontrolled fields seem to add a whole other layer...

Now we flip to the GolfCartSpace... Golf cart owner complaining about these darn hotshot airplane flyers... always using the Golf cart drag strip....   :)

Great video... hard to find the cart without knowing it IS there...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

You may find Sky Manor to be full of avid airplane owners... and partial owners of the airport itself...

the distance from hangars to restaurant is a long walk... making golf carts kind of popular....

Not much pavement everywhere... what is there gets shared...  there is a full length taxiway...

Now, If I were a cart driver... I think monitoring CTAF and visually monitoring the traffic pattern would make extra sense...

Plenty of ways to make a mistake with this activity...  uncontrolled fields seem to add a whole other layer...

Now we flip to the GolfCartSpace... Golf cart owner complaining about these darn hotshot airplane flyers... always using the Golf cart drag strip....   :)

Great video... hard to find the cart without knowing it IS there...

Best regards,

-a-

Great point.  Thanks