Control yoke upgrade

Ok.  So I don’t really like the way the bracket for the autopilot control switches are done.  Does anyone else have a better idea how to make this not look like an afterthought?  I am thinking of reaching out to Aerocomfort and see if they have any ideas.  I would like to fabricate a better bracket and then have Aerocomfort to wrap the yokes and maybe they can hide the autopilot wires under the leather wrap somehow.  What are some thoughts?

E297873C-C374-437F-AA5C-B541D29BF1CF.jpeg

Switches are often a product supplied by the AP manufacturer...

What AP do you have?

If it is a BK autopilot... See if you can purchase a used one... a new set of switches from BK may be available at heart stopping prices....

The yoke itself is hollow, ready to accept the wires and/or vac tubes...

:)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

-a-

18 hours ago, Glenn said:

I got these from Cygnet Aerospace.  Plenty of room for buttons.  They also have an adapter if you still have the original control shafts.

IMG_0550.JPG

Love those, and the price is good.  May I ask how much installation was in time/cost?  I have a '68 F that looks pretty much identical inside except for the manual gear.

I cannot specifically answer the question because the yoke change was bundled with a much larger panel upgrade.  Just bolting on the new yoke is pretty simple.  If additional wires need to be run to support various buttons that will take a little time.  I also had a hole drilled in the pilot's yoke to accommodate the traditional wind-up clock.  I believe that Cygnet also sells a digital clock that fits .

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:09 PM, Glenn said:

I got these from Cygnet Aerospace.  Plenty of room for buttons.  They also have an adapter if you still have the original control shafts.

IMG_0550.JPG

They look great.  Did you have to do a 337 or FAA approval since they are a replacement for Beechcraft yoke?  Thanks