Fuel Spillage on Takeoff

I regularly see fuel spilling out around the right fuel filler on takeoff. I have tried tightening the screw on the filler cap, and I never fill too full, leaving at least 1/2" space below the rim of the filler. All to no avail: the fuel just flies out for approx the first 500ft of the climb. 

At the price of 100ll, I hate to see the $$ going overboard, and it also leaves messy streaks over my wing.

This only seems to happen to the right tank, rarely have I seen it on the left side.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Either o rings or proper cap set-up....

There are two O-rings per cap.  One is easily visible, the other very well hidden...

Also know there are some older fuel necks that may be rusty... enough to have holes through them...

what year is the C in question?

Mine was a 65... with the full rust challenge... rain water can enter the tanks if fuel can escape...

use caution...

Best regards,

-a-

Tightening the fuel cap requires taking out the lower cotter pin, tightening the nut, testing the fit until you're happy, then replacing the used cotter pin with a new one. Good luck! Took me a couple tests when I installed the blue fluorosilicone orings.