2 Mooneys Touch Mid-Air Inbound to OSH?

On 8/10/2019 at 11:33 AM, Andy95W said:

I don't think so.  ScottfromIowa, MyNameisNobody, and RogueOne all share a grammatical error, that CaptainOveur doesn't.

I just talk into my hand mike.  The technology does the rest.  I am not much of a reader, prefer technical manuals, approach plates and watching gladiator movies.

22 hours ago, RogueOne said:

Tom’s comment specifically discussed Iowa and you affirmed above so help me with my challenged reading comprehension.  You validate his derogatory comment about lithium being lacking in Iowa’s water supply as correct and yet you didn’t double down on insinuation that Iowan’s (me) are hatters.  (Super clever and mean spirited attack by Tom at me, but as -a- would say I should just let that go...

Nope.

Help me out Captain.  How SHOULD this be interpreted?  I know what Tom is.  (And what he thinks he is).  You?  Not so much.  Bring it.  Break it down for simple little old me and if there was no slight...IF I lacked comprehension and there was no mean spirited wink wink good buddy Tom moment...and I will happily apologize.

Otherwise?  Spade called out as a spade.

and yet you and I are found to be “similar”.

Wow.

I don't know anything about lithium, in water in Iowa or anywhere else.  I didn't want to sound disagreeable, but I have no idea what that gentleman was talking about.  I HAVE heard of dilithium crystals, however.  They're used in Starfleet ships to create faster-than-light travel.  Haven't flown one though ... yet!

I am also not sure what a "hatter" is, but I might be one since I usually wear a smartly-adjusted airline hat as it completes the uniform.  Does that qualify?  

I am not sure about the "spade" comment,  but I am always up for a good card game.  

You guys use a lot of cool terms I am hoping I can pick up on.  Still not sure for what you are apologizing, but it's OK, we can all have a bad day.  

Do you wear a hat too?

On 8/9/2019 at 3:08 PM, Yetti said:

If you were looking for a warm welcome your first posts should have not had so much angst.

So why don't you tell us a little bit about yourselves.

Angst?  Hmmm...not sure how that would apply here.  

Um, there is only ONE of me here, and I don't really talk much about myself.  Pretty boring subject really.  You seem to like to talk about yourself and your expertise though.  You must really have a lot of expertise.  I'm just a tired old pilot...

On 8/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, Bob_Belville said:

Captain, I for one, and I surely qualify as one of the senior rats in the MS barn, am very happy to read your missives. Don't let the grumps run you off... they have convinced more than one knowledgeable contributor here that they don't need the BS.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words.  I think any flying community is well-served by mutual support and camaraderie, at least that is what I have enjoyed in my decades.  Glad to find it here!

On 8/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, RogueOne said:

Hope he stays. He is an excellent judge of character. Over the top funny. Obviously extremely knowledgeable about Mooney Aircraft and what Iowa and its inhabitants are made of. Can’ Wait to attempt to comprehend his missives. Going to be great. Let the good times roll. Going Cap shopping. New hero found to emulate. 

Thank you for the kind words!  

I know they are used today, and nothing against them, but Crew Outfitters doesn't hold a candle to the ol' Superior Uniform Cap Company.  Don't know where you'd go today to get one.  Old Bernard would take one look at someone coming through the door, and have him fully sized within two minutes.  Service like that is uncommon nowadays, sadly..

As far as Iowa, still don't know anymore than what I posted above...what is it you want me to know? 

On 8/8/2019 at 4:20 AM, Yetti said:

Also what i did not see in the manual were currency requirements.   We have them for IFR, Night flying and carrying passengers.   It would seem like there would need to be a Must have 50 flight hours in the calendar year prior to flying in the caravan with 10 of those hours being in formation flight.

The reason the Safety section is in the front of a Harbor Freight manual is so that it can explain the symbols that will be used throughout the manual highlighting where people might get into trouble.

For example It was explained very clearly and I had to confirm which way we would turn for the Overhead break.   The reason being was there was an incident where that was not confirmed in Florida and planes went down.

What was found yesterday was it was really hard to maintain altitude yesterday and the buzzards were up at 4500 feet.  What you won't know out of the accident report is if the 201 was low or the Mooney international plane was high.   Pretty much because with task saturation know one will know.

I found some helpful signs too!  I think these are just overall pretty informative in everyday life, and have incorporated any of these into my personal SOPs.  I agree, pretty much every manual should start with lots of pictures!  That would make reading easier and funner.  I like color pictures the best! 

MrNoNo.jpg

warning-no-stupid-people-funny-health-and-safety-sign-joke007-200x300mm-4202-p.jpg

invincible-moose.jpg

pee-in-public.jpg

goose-will-attack-400x508.jpg

airplane-car-danger.jpg

caution-do-not-drink-this-water-urinal-350x525.jpg

ski-lift-400x355.jpg

squirrel-bite-400x361.jpg

no-laptop-in-bathroom.jpg

wheelchair-crocodile-400x522.jpg

dont-feed-kids-to-crocodile-400x386.jpg

guys-with-purses.jpg

no-birds.jpg

nocrapnopee.html

1 hour ago, CaptainOveur said:

I don't know anything about lithium, in water in Iowa or anywhere else.  I didn't want to sound disagreeable, but I have no idea what that gentleman was talking about.  I HAVE heard of dilithium crystals, however.  They're used in Starfleet ships to create faster-than-light travel.  Haven't flown one though ... yet!

I am also not sure what a "hatter" is, but I might be one since I usually wear a smartly-adjusted airline hat as it completes the uniform.  Does that qualify?  

I am not sure about the "spade" comment,  but I am always up for a good card game.  

You guys use a lot of cool terms I am hoping I can pick up on.  Still not sure for what you are apologizing, but it's OK, we can all have a bad day.  

Do you wear a hat too?

Because I was entertained by your words and there was no hint of ill-will I will Apologize Captain.  Go forth and spread your good cheer.  Out of necessity I am a “Hat guy” :)

5 hours ago, Gary0747 said:

Well if this mystery persons objective was to totally destroy this thread then I think he was successful.  This result is liked by many who did not think touching should be discussed here.

Don't despair I am sure another top thread will ensue once the official report is out and once the cloak is lifted. No hat is big enough to avoid that topic.   

image.png.957435272d43b1295bad794db49043f7.png

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gary0747 said:

Well if this mystery persons objective was to totally destroy this thread then I think he was successful.  This result is liked by many who did not think touching should be discussed here.

I think if this thread had been characterized as inappropriate touching earlier it would have gotten a lot more attention.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steingar said:

Lithium has been historically used to treat bipolar disorder.

And more recently understood to be neuroprotective, reduces risk for dementia, suicidality, mood disturbance in general, integral for appropriate B-12 metabolism, etc, etc.

Kidding aside, it's mainstream.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/2649277
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4063497/

http://www.mooneycaravan.com/news/updateonmooneyincidentatmooneycaravan19july2019

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2012/07/plane-crash-at-eaa-airventure-airplane.html

Updated Statement Relating to Incident During Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh XXII, 21 July 2019

posted Aug 5, 2019, 3:42 AM by Ashley and Maria Neboschick   [ updated Aug 5, 2019, 3:45 AM ]

As many of you know, we had an incident during Mooney Caravan 2019.  During the en route portion of the flight, a slowdown occurred during a rejoin to fingertip maneuver.  During this same time period, an en route course change also occurred in the direction of the rejoining wingmen. As such, an overrun occurred and both pilots took corrective action. After landing it was noted that contact had occurred.  No other elements of the formation were placed in danger by the incident.

Currently, a team of Caravan individuals is analyzing the event in order to come up with procedural recommendations. This team is in the process of gathering and reviewing all available information. While our internal investigation is not yet complete (and will not be until the NTSB makes their analysis and recommendations public), there are several takeaways that we are working on for future Caravan operations.

These recommendations will likely include more thorough training, more focus on emergency procedures and emergency calls, as well as more detailed written emergency  procedures. Please be patient with us as we try to decipher the information, and come up with meaningful conclusions. It is important that the NTSB report comes out prior so that we can incorporate all data into a thorough Caravan safety report.

http://www.mooneycaravan.com/news/updateonmooneyincidentatmooneycaravan19july2019

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2012/07/plane-crash-at-eaa-airventure-airplane.html

Updated Statement Relating to Incident During Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh XXII, 21 July 2019

posted Aug 5, 2019, 3:42 AM by Ashley and Maria Neboschick   [ updated Aug 5, 2019, 3:45 AM ]

As many of you know, we had an incident during Mooney Caravan 2019.  During the en route portion of the flight, a slowdown occurred during a rejoin to fingertip maneuver.  During this same time period, an en route course change also occurred in the direction of the rejoining wingmen. As such, an overrun occurred and both pilots took corrective action. After landing it was noted that contact had occurred.  No other elements of the formation were placed in danger by the incident.

Currently, a team of Caravan individuals is analyzing the event in order to come up with procedural recommendations. This team is in the process of gathering and reviewing all available information. While our internal investigation is not yet complete (and will not be until the NTSB makes their analysis and recommendations public), there are several takeaways that we are working on for future Caravan operations.

These recommendations will likely include more thorough training, more focus on emergency procedures and emergency calls, as well as more detailed written emergency  procedures. Please be patient with us as we try to decipher the information, and come up with meaningful conclusions. It is important that the NTSB report comes out prior so that we can incorporate all data into a thorough Caravan safety report.

Currently, a team of Caravan individuals is analyzing the event in order to come up with procedural recommendations. This team is in the process of gathering and reviewing all available information. While our internal investigation is not yet complete (and will not be until the NTSB makes their analysis and recommendations public), there are several takeaways that we are working on for future Caravan operations.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tom said:

And more recently understood to be neuroprotective, reduces risk for dementia, suicidality, mood disturbance in general, integral for appropriate B-12 metabolism, etc, etc.

Kidding aside, it's mainstream.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/2649277

You are known to be such a kidder.  Totally in character.

Aw shucks folks.  I was just kidding.

Riiiiiiiiigt.

All “kidding” aside those links have nothing to do with Mooney operation and do not belong on a site dedicated to Mooney aircraft and operation of same.

Some might say that detailed operation of a rocket fired ballistic chute also doesn’t belong as it has nothing to do with Mooney’s or the incident that occurred and is being investigated.

I look forward to hearing the results and the modified procedures to mitigate likelihood of a similar recurrence.

Hi, My name is Tom.  I am from the government and I am here to help.  I never talk about my Mooney on a website designed for and about Mooney operation.  You don’t know what I do.  If I am married.  If I have children.  Where I live.  You know nothing about me.  You just need to listen to my whispers because: “I am Tom, from the government and I am here to help...

12 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

It got attention, The problem is instead of actually discussing the incident some would rather flood it with garbage in an attempt to hide any real discussion.

The only thing worse than it happening is it being allowed to happen.

This thread WAS garbage from the beginning.  Nothing about the incident will be learned until the results (by FAA) are released.  Complete opposite of every other incident where everyone guesses what the pilot did or did not do to experience their result.

It was a perfect opportunity for Cirrus to market on the Mooney site.

Everything has been conjecture and why you should sell your Mooney and buy a Cirrus. + lithium discussion.  Can not forget that.