Calibration instructions for ASPEN AOA

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, Oscar Avalle said:

I am looking for the calibration instructions for my ASPEN AOA. The dealer provided them to me, but unfortunately I misplaced them. So if anybody can help me... thank you

Oscar, Did you ever have any luck? If not, here is what I have.

Insert other media

Aspen AOA Calibration Procedure.pdf

From personal experience go on a calm smooth day. It is very hard to keep the required speeds, heading and altitude required to complete the calibration. I also seems to work best if you are close to max weight. Also bring someone along to keep an eye out for traffic you will be spending several minutes watching instruments.

2 hours ago, jetdriven said:

Do you calibrate it with flaps up or flaps down?. The question I have is if it’s calibrated with the flaps up how do you know what the real stall speed is with flaps down?

The procedure calls for calibration both clean and flaps/gear down. There are two pointers, one for each calibration setting.

Mine (installed by a defunct avionics shop for the previous owner) is way out of calibration; normal approach is way into the cross-hatch stall warning area. Sooner or later I will try to correct it, but the display on a single display EFD1000 is so small that it doesn't really seem that useful to me.

Skip

Edited by PT20J