Oil screen

hoot777

No clue but you’ll read anecdotes here alone on Mooneyspace where owners have found shocking items caught by the screen but had nothing remarkable when inspecting the oil filter. My A&P told me he doesn’t check it on mine; I can’t really argue that as he has big pan hands. In the next month or so when I hit 25hrs I’m going to pull mine using my tiny little hands with tiny wrists. Just make sure you buy the special (and cheap $$) crush washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although IA's may use whatever list they like, part 43.D specifies the minimum an annual checklist should contain:

D)... (3) Internal engine—for cylinder compression and for metal particles or foreign matter on screens and sump drain plugs. If there is weak cylinder compression, for improper internal condition and improper internal tolerances.

I believe Mooney's 100 hr/annual checklist also includes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2