Fuel flow

Check all the wiring for loose connections. There are three wires to the transducer: power, ground and signal which should be shielded with the shield only grounded at the EDM 900. You can try soaking the transducer in Hoppes #9. It helped mine for a few hours but ultimately I ended up replacing the transducer.

Skip

We see a couple failures of the sensor around here...

1) Leaks from loose fittings... in one case fuel leaks out... another case air leaks in...

2) depending on where the sensor is located... some are in crappy hot locations near exhaust pipes....

3) Some Have other install issues like sharp bends close to the sensor....

4) The sensor itself is a paddle wheel in the fuel flow with a magnetic sensor sending signals to the JPI, that is counting how many rotations have occurred over time...

Inspecting for damaged wires makes a lot of sense... inspecting for any blue staining under the cowl is important... cleaning the LL out of the sensor can be very helpful as the wheel may be sticking on the deposits that can occur....

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

We see a couple failures of the sensor around here...
1) Leaks from loose fittings... in one case fuel leaks out... another case air leaks in...
2) depending on where the sensor is located... some are in crappy hot locations near exhaust pipes....
3) Some Have other install issues like sharp bends close to the sensor....
4) The sensor itself is a paddle wheel in the fuel flow with a magnetic sensor sending signals to the JPI, that is counting how many rotations have occurred over time...
Inspecting for damaged wires makes a lot of sense... inspecting for any blue staining under the cowl is important... cleaning the LL out of the sensor can be very helpful as the wheel may be sticking on the deposits that can occur....
PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...
Best regards,
-a-
I'm going to check on it Sunday. They way it's acting I think the wheel is sticking.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

• Like 2