Cleaning post oceanside trip

NJMac

My moonship was kind enough to take us to the jersey breach on Saturday, 31E. It's just a few miles inland. Really cool to see all the banner towers.

The saltwater spray is evident everywhere. On the cars, houses, even my eye glasses.

What should I be doing for the plane when I return next week?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks likes it’s 6nm as the crow flies. Guess that’s certainly less troubling than being on the shore. Would definitely like an airborne shower. Best wax for the ole moonship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45d04f81f26a2da9490e0b434ac93d36.jpg

I use Aero Cosmetics Wash n Wax, a waterless spray that washes away dirt, grease and grime and leaves a very slick finish behind that makes bug removal easy. Regular (blue) for all painted surfaces, and Degreaser (red) for the belly. Quick, easy, slick finish. 

• Like 3

I used to be based at San Jose CA which is just a few miles inland from the Pacific ocean and never did anything special, and no one else there did either. 

The seaplane company I sometimes fly for operates in salt water all day long with a fleet of Otters and Beavers. At the end of the day we just haul them out of the water and wash them with soap and water. 

Skip

• Like 1