Equipment FS: Garmin aera 796, Powertow, BatteryMinder

would the Mountain High kit be a good starter for flying in the flight levels? does it include everything I need in order to go above 14.5?

I’ve used my O2D2 up to 26,000. I used it getting to Oshkosh at 23,000. It works well.

1 minute ago, gsxrpilot said:

I’ve used my O2D2 up to 26,000. I used it getting to Oshkosh at 23,000. It works well.

For someone who has very limited knowledge on high altitude flying would this be a good starting place?

For someone who has very limited knowledge on high altitude flying would this be a good starting place?

The O2D2 will reduce your O2 usage. It delivers exactly the O2 you need and no more.

In addition to the O2D2 you’ll need a proper mask if above 18K, and Cannulas between 12,500 and 18,000.

You also need the O2 tank, of course.

I have a tank built into the tail of my Mooney, I use an Aerox mask with a built-in mic. The O2D2 completes the system.

I've been out cleaning the garage and just now looked at messages. The O2 system is sold based on first firm offer that ce in earlier today. Everything else listed is still available.

7 hours ago, ZuluZulu said:

Just curious: do you refill it in place, or do you remove it for refills?

Many people with built in O2 then negotiate with their local gas filing company to deliver a gigantic O2 bottle to their hangar (which is rented per year and surprisingly inexpensive).  Then they can refill in place right in the comfort of their own hangar.

• Like 1

Link to PowerTow video is here. This is basically a new tug.  I will be happy to ship it if you want to arrange shipping - I can get it in the truck or whatever.  

I am not very familiar with the Power Tow systems.  If someone was to fly a Mooney there could it be made to fit in the plane for one time transport?  Obviously this is not something you would fly with in your plane on a regular basis.

15 hours ago, MilitaryAV8R said:

I am not very familiar with the Power Tow systems.  If someone was to fly a Mooney there could it be made to fit in the plane for one time transport?  Obviously this is not something you would fly with in your plane on a regular basis.

I've pondered that myself. The clamps are removable which would shorten it by about 20 inches - I can measure when I get back home. 

I hadn't analyzed this before but looking at the video, looks like the orange handle is bolted to the engine frame. If the handle can be removed it's a no-brainer.  

It's not that heavy - I can lift it onto the bed of my pickup by myself. 

My guess is that with the seats down (and certainly with handle removed), it will fit, but I would want to package up the various edges and ensure it didn't scratch or tear any upholstery.  

If you like I can look into handle removal tonight.

Right now to be honest I don't even have my plane.  It is still in the shop doing the neverending annual.  My first annual as an owner I took it to an MSC to make sure it was done right and they found a lot of stuff.  Hopefully the plane may be back before I go back overseas.

Once I have a firm date (and cost) for the end of my annual I may take it off your hands if it is still there.  Right now the hope is About 8 Aug, but still have to wait and see.

PowerTow is now disassembled. It's conceivable that it can be shipped now, but I will have to confirm if you're interested.  

I'm uploading an explainer video for reassembly to YouTube - it took 5-6 minutes to remove the orange handle and nosegear clamps. Should be 10 mins or less to reassemble. 

It should now fit easily into trunk of a car or back of plane.

Explainer video for the PowerTow reassembly is below. Folks, for anyone who does not have a good tug, this is a very good deal on a pristine piece of equipment. And, if you come pick it up, I'll throw in 10 quarts of Aeroshell and Exxon Elite oil - 15-50w and 20-50w.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:23 PM, IndyTim said:

Explainer video for the PowerTow reassembly is below. Folks, for anyone who does not have a good tug, this is a very good deal on a pristine piece of equipment. And, if you come pick it up, I'll throw in 10 quarts of Aeroshell and Exxon Elite oil - 15-50w and 20-50w.

I’ll take that Powertow if it’s still available and you don’t mind shipping it.  I’ll send you a PM momentarily...