Exhaust pipe issue

4 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

Problem is who in Stevens point Wisconsin?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I’m sure there’s a machine shop in Stevens point.  If they ask what it’s for tell them it’s for an airboat. IA can return to service as Cliffy said previously.

22 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

I'm in Stevens point and have a very large hole in the pipe going to the muffler from the back cylinder on the pilot side. Does anyone have replacement parts available?

88b23a2e1a459641a95e13329d0bc174.jpg

OK, guys, dumb question, but here it goes...

What am I supposed to be seeing that's missing?  I don't get it... :blink:

I would inspect that pipe very carefully. It had to have a number of cracks converge for that piece to fall out. There are likely still cracks in the metal. A die penetrant inspection would be a good idea.
I'm replacing the exhaust and possibly the engine. Getting prices. I'm done with this plane. At Oshkosh right now looking

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

I know, right?  Everyone was reacting like it was completely obvious and I was thinking I'd gone blind... :lol:

Don't feel like you were the only one!

I stared at that photo for 5 minutes and was trying to decide if there were even pin holes...then, Holy Cow!!

Hot rod guys pay for cut-outs like that:D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, larryb said:

I still don’t see it

@Dream to fly   The yellow outline area, right?  In my limited experience, that seems significant.  By nature of exhausts being almost infinitely repairable, I think you can get it repaired.  I hope you can do it soon, and local.  Or use this as the excuse to get a new exhaust, if you have doubts about the rest of the system.  

image.thumb.png.422baf61d0da47a90b50407879894a39.png

[mention=15909]Dream to fly[/mention]   The yellow outline area, right?  In my limited experience, that seems significant.  By nature of exhausts being almost infinitely repairable, I think you can get it repaired.  I hope you can do it soon, and local.  Or use this as the excuse to get a new exhaust, if you have doubts about the rest of the system.  
image.thumb.png.422baf61d0da47a90b50407879894a39.png
Yup that is the area. I have an AP doing the repair. He said no problem. So fingers crossed it will fix it. Then I'm heading home and will decide. Been at Oshkosh all day getting prices and ideas. Nothing is cheap and I'm looking for more speed.

• Like 1