Brittain question

My '66 has the complete 3-axis Brittain (B6?) with altitude hold.  Flying last week my nav and heading coupling seemed to stop working.  Wing leveler and altitude hold still working.  So I rack out the control head and go through the alignment checks.  I get appropriate voltage output for heading and nav errors.  Next, checked the voltage signal at the connection to the shunt valve and get correct voltage signals there.  Lastly, I checked resistance of the shunt valve and get 190-ish ohms.  I assume there's a little servo motor in there of some sort.

So I'm getting good output from the control head and the shuttle valve isn't burned up.  Anybody got any ideas?  Maybe the shuttle valve could be bound mechanically?

There is an A and B heading input.   Some planes also have a switch that can use 1 or 2 Vor on either the A or B input.   I would be checking to make sure the heading input is getting input.

Does the knob on the turn coordinator still work to level the plane?

Does it pass the selftest on the ground?

• Thanks 1