Need a Solid From Someone Going to Oshkosh!

As the title says, need a solid day 1 favor from someone going to Oshkosh!

Wont be able to make it this year due to a family thing I will be traveling for, but have been holding out ordering my new hangar door until the show to try and get a discount.  Turns out I can get a 5% discount and a free accessory by ordering at the show, but I have to have someone fill out the paperwork with my basic info (dimensions, address, name, etc) to get it, and they wont let me fill it out in advance of the show.  

Heres the kicker -- they currently have a 18-24 week backorder :0     My hangar steel is supposed to be here in 8-10 weeks. 

Now if tons of people are ordering at the show, that means it'll bump my delivery date even further.  

Is anyone available day 1 to run over to booth 4001 and slap my basic info on a carbon copy sheet and then text me a picture of it so I can call the sales guy and get him to place my order?  Thatll put me ahead of the other show masses.  I have my neighbor who is going queued up to do it for me, but he might not make it until day 2 or 3. 

Hoping the power of mooneyspace comes through!

52 minutes ago, SantosDumont said:

I think you need to come at him with a competitors quote and get more than 5% off then.  But I just do sales for a living.

I have quoted at least 5 different vendors.  Its already a cheaper price than others for what I consider a better product.  I just want to get the extra 5% show price. 

You dont sell hangar doors do you?

48 minutes ago, Guitarmaster said:

I will be rolling in there Monday. I won't be into the show until afternoon though. Will that be too late?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@Guitarmaster Thanks for offering, but it look like @Brian E. may beat you there.  Any chance you can PM me your number just in case?  Really appreciate it. 

@Brian E. sounds like you are going to be there earliest.  Can you PM me your cell and I can pass along the details to you?  Big thanks!

2 hours ago, DualRatedFlyer said:

I have quoted at least 5 different vendors.  Its already a cheaper price than others for what I consider a better product.  I just want to get the extra 5% show price. 

You dont sell hangar doors do you?

Software.  But so much effort for what, $1k off?  Full CB in effect here.

But honestly if you were my customer I would just give you the show price and mark you down as having attended the show so my marketing dept was happy and felt like doing the show was a good use of marketing dollars.  No need to make anyone jump through hoops.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SantosDumont said:

Software.  But so much effort for what, $1k off?  Full CB in effect here.

But honestly if you were my customer I would just give you the show price and mark you down as having attended the show so my marketing dept was happy and felt like doing the show was a good use of marketing dollars.  No need to make anyone jump through hoops.

So much effort for $1K?  Wow, I must be in the wrong business.  A thousand bucks is a lot of money.  Certainly worth asking a friend already going to the show to write my name down on a piece of paper. 

$1,000 / 4 dollars a 100LL gallon = 250 gallons / 9gph = 27.7 hours which is a quarter of my flying per year.  CB?  No, just a someone who watches my expenses.  Thank you for all your contributions to this post. 

• Like 1

I'm just talking about the mechanics of the deal.  They want your order at the show so they can close the deal in person.  But if a dude told me I could close a deal today if I give him the show price, then I would give him the show price.  Why would I wait to bring in revenue for my company?

On the other hand I wouldn't give up a discount to someone unless I think they are actually going to place an order, which if they make an effort to come to the show to get the discount, i know i have won their business.

Either way I think it is petty both to make someone show up to an event to get the price they want, and to think that by putting your name on a piece of paper they are actually going to give you the show price.  I think you're going to realize that you're still going to have to fight for the show price because they want to close on the deal at the show.  Otherwise they really suck at sales and more power to you for exploiting their system.

4 minutes ago, aaronsn said:

I'll also be there Monday morning. Happy to stop by and do it if Brian E. is unable.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron!  I spoke with Brian today and he's going to be able to help me out. Can you PM me ur cell in case he were to get delayed?  I know there's crazy WX forecasted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to publicly thank @Brian E. -- a newish Mooney driver and first time Oshkosh attendee for taking time out of his schedule on his first trip to Oshkosh to help me fill out my hangar door order and save me $1,000 bucks via the Osh special price.  

Big thanks Brian!  Hope to repay the favor one day.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, orionflt said:

Josh, Glad you got the special! you should have texted me. who did you go thru for the doors? 

Brian

I should have, but I wasn't sure if you were going or not. Some friendly folks on here helped me out. 

I went with higher power. My neighbor has one and I was really impressed.  Requires no structural reinforcement and was cheaper than the bifold schwiss doors I was quoted. Only negative is the 18-24 week lead time. They said business is booming. Check our their website, their lift systems is pretty neat.

Got 5% off on purchase price and a free accessory (remote open). I can forward my quote if ur interested

On 8/12/2019 at 9:35 AM, DualRatedFlyer said:

I should have, but I wasn't sure if you were going or not. Some friendly folks on here helped me out. 

I went with higher power. My neighbor has one and I was really impressed.  Requires no structural reinforcement and was cheaper than the bifold schwiss doors I was quoted. Only negative is the 18-24 week lead time. They said business is booming. Check our their website, their lift systems is pretty neat.

Got 5% off on purchase price and a free accessory (remote open). I can forward my quote if ur interested

I would like to see your quote. I don't like my hangar doors.

That is great news, DRF!

Way to go Brian E.

Higher Power Doors has an Interesting method of keeping their drawing fair and really well disclosed...

When the presenter mentioned that he was blessed... I got a chuckle regarding his company name...

https://www.hpdoors.com/

The power of MS just continues to impress, in small amounts, every day... :)

Best regards,

-a-