Sexy New Fuel Caps, Long Annual, New Toys - But I’m Back!

Along with an extensive (loooooong) annual - I broke down permanently fixed the dreaded fuel smell in the cabin and blue stains under the wings.  Huge shout out to Charlie (the Mad Scientist), Griggs Refinishing and LASAR! They were amazing support partners and vendors for my mechanic and I through the entire process. They nailed turn around for part orders and overhauls. They gave the best phone and email support you could imagine and always served with a smile. Their expertise is second to none, they even helped identify a prior incorrect W&B assessment that gained 18lbs of useful load back. My crew is loving the new odorless cabin, and I’m loving the peace of mind.  

This annual also left me with a power flow exhaust, so I’m getting used to the new sound and different performance/fuel burn rate...

And if that wasn’t enough, we also picked up a new family member for 63V - welcome 1218X to the hangar. She’ll have a little mending to get before flying, but it looks like we may have saved her from a death by stagnation. She’s only got 1700 total hours on the airframe and engine. She should be a great fall/winter restoration. Fun times, more excitement, parts orders, and more updates ahead!  

Pics included for visual enjoyment.

~Abe

131A0343-296D-4BA5-986B-BE25038A621A.jpeg

3CC8D029-8A16-4B5E-9DF1-616E0562708D.jpeg

48D7A1B4-DD50-4B26-9399-8F8E6AB79879.jpeg

5200DDF6-7178-43C9-99CF-8F8E2A433A64.jpeg

9701C3EF-E967-4CF8-9449-96CD6EC71BCB.jpeg

6F2B8FAE-E838-4CD4-B9BD-822739CEDAF9.jpeg

43A5DBCB-CA86-41DE-A393-530D3C45AF25.jpeg

Edited by rubixcube2k3
  • Like 31

Wow, Abe!

I saw the other post selling the caps... and was thinking the girl in your avatar picture must have grown a bit since that pic was taken...

Then I saw the new pics... they have grown quite a bit!

I spun the odd pic around...

Thanks for posting these!

Best regards,

-a-

D9EB9042-A758-463C-AACD-9EC5A373783A.jpeg

• Like 1

What a COOL looking family!!!!! Maybe one of them will go into aviation as a career. More women needed. Just think of it, one of them in the left seat of a Boeing 787 maybe. Think BIG!

You are a gluten for punishment. 2 projects? WOW! I can barely keep up with one. 

Keep posting We wanna hear from you as you move along on project 2!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

Wow, Abe!

I saw the other post selling the caps... and was thinking the girl in your avatar picture must have grown a bit since that pic was taken...

Then I saw the new pics... they have grown quite a bit!

I spun the odd pic around...

Thanks for posting these!

Best regards,

-a-

D9EB9042-A758-463C-AACD-9EC5A373783A.jpeg

Yep! Probably time to update my avatar. The oldest is 1 month away from her 6th birthday, and the youngest just turned 1 last week. They both love aviation and hanging around the airport. Blessed to have kids whi love my hobby.  Thanks for the pic rotation. No clue why it imported 90 degrees off.

• Like 1