WOW 6 Rockets on the Market

2 hours ago, PTK said:

Cut it out Alan! You know the Bravo is not a copy of the Rocket, they are two totally different animals...

http://www.mooneypilots.com/mapalog/M20M Evaluation/m20m_eval.html

Incidentally, I’m not the only crazy one saying this. There are some others. I had discussions on this with the Mooney legend himself, the late Bill Wheat and with Bob Kromer whose signature is in my POH, and Ronnie Kramer of Dugosh who took good care of my Mooney since birth. I remember Bill Wheat was adamant. Not a fan of conversions! They must’ve all been crazy!:D

Yep, there are plenty of people in aviation that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about...  You know the type, people in a lucrative field that think because they can afford an airplane they know everything there is to know about them.

33 minutes ago, Austintatious said:

Yep, there are plenty of people in aviation that have absolutely no idea what they are talking about...  You know the type, people in a lucrative field that think because they can afford an airplane they know everything there is to know about them.

Dentists ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OK, I have a question for the other rocket owners.  This thread had me looking hard through my books and I found STC SA00243SE ... I am however missing the second page.  All my rocket documentation saays 3200 lbs Max gross... Looking up the STC on the FAA site it says 3200 lbs... I cant find that second page anywhere.. is this bad?  Can I just print the second page off the FAA site? Do I need to call Rocket?  Something else?

Appreciate any info.

Edited by Austintatious

8 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

It must be amazing to know everything about all things and to be right about all things.

And to think- he only uses these powers to drill teeth and troll. What a loss for all the rest of humanity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PTK said:

Cut it out Alan! You know the Bravo is not a copy of the Rocket, they are two totally different animals...

http://www.mooneypilots.com/mapalog/M20M Evaluation/m20m_eval.html

Incidentally, I’m not the only crazy one saying this. There are some others. I had discussions on this with the Mooney legend himself, the late Bill Wheat and with Bob Kromer whose signature is in my POH, and Ronnie Kramer of Dugosh who took good care of my Mooney since birth. I remember Bill Wheat was adamant. Not a fan of conversions! They must’ve all been crazy!:D

Of course Bill Wheat didn’t like the mooney conversions produced by rocket engineering... he didn’t think of them.  

There the potential was, staring him in the face for 35 years (at that point)... and he missed it.

The concept and application are so sound, in fact, that the only mooney’s that have been sold in the past 20 years are derived from the Rocket and Missile.  One could even go so far as saying that the Cirrus owes some credit to Rocket Engineering’s mooney concept.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Austintatious said:

OK, I have a question for the other rocket owners.  This thread had me looking hard through my books and I found STC SA00243SE ... I am however missing the second page.  All my rocket documentation saays 3200 lbs Max gross... Looking up the STC on the FAA site it says 3200 lbs... I cant find that second page anywhere.. is this bad?  Can I just print the second page off the FAA site? Do I need to call Rocket?  Something else?

Appreciate any info.

The STC was filed with a 337 years ago , what paperwork you may be missing is not really relevant (with the exception of the 337, operators handbook mods , and weight and balance )  So it is perfectly legal , and acceptable to download a copy of the STC …. It has already been filed and approved by both Rocket , and the FAA..

13 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

That may be maligning other dentists.  I’ve known other dentists.  They are not all like this dentist.

Thank you.  For the record, I’m a dentist.  I’ll try my best to behave here so as to balance out the perception.  I can’t promise I won’t come off as a bit crazy though.

• Like 3

Just now, alextstone said:

Thank you.  For the record, I’m a dentist.  I’ll try my best to behave here so as to balance out the perception.  I can’t promise I won’t come off as a bit crazy though.

:-). I bike ride with a dentist.  A lovely mild mannered fellow.  I also know a very nice orthopedic surgeon socially.

My grandfather founded a dental supply and custom dental device (custom dentures, etc), shop, a skill set he first learned in the dental corp during wwii.  And a shining example of the greatest generation.

Thank you for providing a good counter example for what might otherwise become a stereotype here on Monneyspace Alex.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, aviatoreb said:

:-). I bike ride with a dentist.  A lovely mild mannered fellow.  I also know a very nice orthopedic surgeon socially.

My grandfather founded a dental supply and custom dental device (custom dentures, etc), shop, a skill set he first learned in the dental corp during wwii.  And a shining example of the greatest generation.

Thank you for providing a good counter example for what might otherwise become a stereotype here on Monneyspace Alex.

One of my grandfathers I believe was in some sort of dental logistics in the UK during ww2. The other was a fighter pilot. 

• Like 1