Just curious, does anyone around here have Serial Number “1” for any model? I have a J, would be cool to have S/N 24-001. 

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

There's another Mooney on my field that’s one digit next to mine. They are twins separated at birth.  But as fate would have it they are reunited! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 201Steve said:

Just curious, does anyone around here have Serial Number “1” for any model? I have a J, would be cool to have S/N 24-001. 

At least on the FAA registry, the earliest M20J is N823SP (24-0003) registered in Wilmington DE to a corporation, but FlightAware has flights in the past month based out of Tucson and Phoenix in AZ

31 minutes ago, PTK said:

There's another Mooney on my field that’s one digit next to mine. They are twins separated at birth.  But as fate would have it they are reunited! 

Also cool!

Our Grim Reaper likely has the dataplate to Super-21 number 1....he had the rest of the plane too, but I guess it was BER.  Anyway, pics of the destruction around here somewhere......

1 hour ago, PTK said:

There are Mooneys all over DVT, my home field (a bunch of the peeps are here on MS).    One day while driving amongst the hangars on the way to mine, I see *my* airplane taxiing from the fuel pump back to the north hangars...wtf!?!?!   Then I notice the tail number is slightly different...d'oh.   I went over and met the guy, and his airplane is also a '77 J only about 25 serial numbers before mine.  Nearly the exact same paint job.   He's owned it for something like 25 years.  Interestingly, his came from the factory with no step...we were comparing a few things that are same/different.

Definitely cool when stuff like that happens.

• Like 1