Oregon Mooney support suffers loss of Tom Kopczynski

PA42

• 1 month later...

I didn’t know Mr. Kopczynski...

Until now...

https://lebanon-express.com/news/local/obituaries/thomas-kopczynski/article_15680572-a21a-5047-a055-bb99587cdb88.html

He was a real Mooney guy.  You know you are a real Mooney guy... When one paragraph of your obit includes....

In 1971, he established a business, Reliant Aviation, as an aircraft mechanic and business owner, specializing in Mooneys for 45 years. As the respected resource of all things Mooney in the Northwest, Tom had clientele fly their prized possessions to his trusted hands and brains from all over the country.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, Steve W said:

From the local newspaper:

Thomas James Kopczynski, 74, of Albany, died on Thursday, July 11. A service date is undecided at this time. Fisher Funeral Home is handling the arrangements.

47 minutes ago, mooneygirl said:

That is tragic news. He did the pre-buy for Maggie so many years ago.  Tailwinds Tom

Guys, I'm based in Oregon but hadn't heard of him.  I read the obit but it doesn't say much about his impact on aviation.  Do you guys have more you can say about him to fill out his picture a little better?

On 7/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, PA42 said:

One of Oregon's leading figures in Mooneydom, Tom Kopczynski, of Reliant Aircraft in Albany, then Stark's Airport, died in a single-vehicle crash on July 4. He will be missed.

Odd way of saying it. Was it an airplane or a car?

• 4 weeks later...