Mooney N921W landed JFK

Alfredo

I would like to say thank you very very much to AlexLev located in Niagara International KIAG, he was so nice to me and my family.We had a great view over the Waterfalls and wonderful food at River Works (nice place). Well, when we were start to packing bags to go back to Orlando, my daughter asked me to visit her friend in Greensville NC, so I Have to make a new flight plan, and we decided to land in JFK for fuel and spend a night, I called them and they said ok. So, we had a great experience. The costs (fee) to land was 160 bucks  for 24 hs plus fuel 6.65, not bad for the great adventure, cheaper than Universal Studios in Orlando lol

thank you to AlexLev and the Mooney 921W!!

jfk.JPG

jfk2.JPG

jfk3.JPG

jfk4.JPG

jfk5.JPG

jfk6.JPG

jfk7.JPG

jfk8.JPG

jfk9.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bravoman said:

I believe I was parked next to you right by the fence near the exit gate. Was there at KIAG over the 4th of July weekend until the 9th.

Mooney’s get around, see Don Kaye’s post. Very cool JFK nice looking family 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Hey what's with the wonky paint job on your right fuel cap? ;)

I thought the same thing too. Yeah, the painters painted it with the fuel cap in the wrong position. I don't know, but you'd think that would have gotten fixed before it left the paint shop! Its also the first time I've seen the stripes on the wing there.

@Alfredo will never confuse his Mooney with another :)

Edited by kortopates

I have those stripes also but they don’t extend that far out towards the wingtip...so my fuel cap is plain white.Impressive “fuel stop”...I don’t have the patience for likely departure delay...when I know I am leaving the next morning ,I just want to fuel and be on my way...I’d hate to be behind one of JFK s famous departure conga line!

Congratulations.  No problem to land at JFK in a light airplane.  Taxiing can be amusing; sure am glad we have moving map. 

I was there at JFK last night.  

E84239F6-8923-4B13-AF91-5424404DA000.jpeg.2a3d8144f213abc71d221557d5afe7e6.jpegQuiz:  From here, find your way to 22R....

Hint:  Q to left on A, hold short at N and T.  Then continue on A to W, hold, left and onto the runway, (closed) to D, hold, then left at D and right on C. Left at E. Hold short of 22R.  

• Like 1

Great Pirep, Alfredo!

Yesterday, MS was discussing being within 500’ of another MSer...

Today, we find MSers parking next to each other...

Chances are, if you say hi to another Mooney pilot and you have a conversation... they are an MSer...  :)

In the case they try to avoid conversation... they are not comfortable at being online either...

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...

well< thats true my paint on fuel cup is not good at all, but i bought like that and the old owner told me that the guy that ceiling the tank paint it wrong. 

I need another help, the right side aileron is to close from fuselage and i talked with my mechanic and he told me to live like that because the plane is flying well and level, so i have some missing paint ( i believe without rust ) and would like to do my self a little  paint, i know wont be nice but i believe will protect from future rusts. But i confess i dont even know which kind a paint should i buy, but my wife is much better than me she fix all at home, but she needs to know what kind the paints to buy.

sorry my rust2.thumb.jpg.d267981d7476a41ae09ecd7a7507698a.jpgrust1.thumb.jpg.4e6e34699c261630f600599a7a967637.jpgrust3.thumb.jpg.3f4f60853490776c245c1a2a55b44938.jpgrust5.thumb.jpg.ddd5ed4543187609eb998399f965399d.jpg and Thanks all of you

rust4.jpg

Alfredo,

Expect that there may be light corrosion under the wavy paint....

Removing paint, prepping surface, anti-oxidant base coat, and finish coat are not too complex...

If you do it right, the problem is fixed for a long time...

Ask your mechanic, seek out paint shop advice, or do it yourself...

My M20C got a few touch ups over time... mostly done by my mechanic at annual....

If there is corrosion involved... act quicker... it has a tendency to spread until stopped...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

15 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Alfredo,

Expect that there may be light corrosion under the wavy paint....

Removing paint, prepping surface, anti-oxidant base coat, and finish coat are not too complex...

If you do it right, the problem is fixed for a long time...

Ask your mechanic, seek out paint shop advice, or do it yourself...

My M20C got a few touch ups over time... mostly done by my mechanic at annual....

If there is corrosion involved... act quicker... it has a tendency to spread until stopped...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

treating corrosion and painting a control surface is one of those things that an IA would probably frown upon... B)

@Alfredo, is that an aileron or a flap?  Once it gets treated and painted, you can ask your IA to put an anti-chafe tape strip between the two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1