Sporadic Hiatus - Need to be on MooneySpace more!

Hi MooneySpace gang.  I haven't been around as much as I've wanted over the past year and a half and want to give an update, both as to why, and what I'm looking to do moving forward.

First - yes I'll be at Oshkosh and look forward to catching up with many of you.  I'll be camping in the North 40.  I'll be by the Caravan tent for the BBQ and the Social.  Also, the Mooney forum on Tuesday at stage 8.

Second - yes - still working with Mooney Summit and we have a great event planned for September in Florida.  The wait list is huge - we were not able to get a larger facility this year due to numerous reasons including the hotel we wanted to hold it in is still closed from the Hurricane damage.  It should be open in September, but we can't take that risk.  Funding is the other part.  Airport day is the last Friday of September at ECP.  That's unlimited in capacity.  Come on down for that regardless of the rest of the weekend even if you haven't registered.  We'll have the PROTE unit from the FAA - test out your hypoxia recognition skills.

Third - Now that I have a 2 and 4 year old life is just BUSY - I've been part of MooneySpace since 2009 (bought my first Mooney in July 2008), got married in 2014, had kids in 2015, and 2017.  My son (2 year old) had a rough first 18 months but seems to have turned the corner.  We have a lot of work ahead of us and a great therapy treatment plan (we don't feel it's time consuming, but when we chart it out - it is intensive!).  He's a happy kid and we'll catch him up.  Lots of low muscle tone issues and thus non-liner and non-synchronized delayed development.  Again, he's a very happy camper and my daughter and he both really enjoy airplanes.  

Family time and along with growing my business, has just taken a ton of my available resources, and I can't jump on MooneySpace as much as I used to.  It's amazing how you are dead tired after putting the kids to bed vs then working into the wee hours of the morning.

Aviation wise, as many of you know I earned my commercial rating last summer and was soon hired by a part 135 operator, Open Air, out of KGAI, and fly as a part time charter captain in Cirrus SR-22's.  We may be getting some other aircraft in the near future.   I'm planning to earn my multi rating in August.

That said, I miss posting and reading on Mooney Space.  It's fun for me, therapeutic, I love airplanes, and I love the community.  So to sum it up, I'm just reaching back out, saying hello, and looking forward to seeing many of you at Oshkosh and Mooney Summit.  To those I missed introductions for or have joined while I've been kind of inactive - hello and welcome!

I hope to be back posting again a little more often.  I hope to make it some of the NJ lunches and mid-Atlantic breakfasts again.

Still LOVE my Mooney Missile and should we have a third kid I may need to seriously consider a larger airplane.  For now it fits the family perfectly, and should for a while.  

Happy Flying!!

-Seth

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, Seth said:

Still LOVE my Mooney Missile and should we have a third kid I may need to seriously consider a larger airplane.  For now it fits the family perfectly, and should for a while.  

Glad to see you around!

mine are 6 and 8... and we’re still loving the Missile... I think I can squeeze another 5-6 years out of the family airplane trips before I start having to leave someone behind.... but you never know- the useful load on the Missile is pretty amazing!

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately we had another setback with my son in early August.  He’s doing okay but he had his first seizure.  It’s rough brining a bottle to your two year old in the morning to find him mid-seizure.  It was his first but he’s just had a hard road these first two years.  

It took him about a week to return to baseline and now he’s even progressed further.

No relapse seizure yet so chances are low he’ll have another but it’s something to watch out for.

Luckily, a lot of the bad things have  been ruled out and he’s still a happy kid.  I have a very supportive spouse and he’s got an fantastic older sister who’s helping him along at every step.

So, my time here is still limited. But I do enjoy it!

-Seth

• Like 4

10 hours ago, steingar said:

My brother had seizures as a kid.  Scary as hell, but he grew out of it and grew into being, well my brother.

Haha!   We hope it’s a one time thing with all the other things he’s dealing with.

-Seth

12 hours ago, Seth said:

Haha!   We hope it’s a one time thing with all the other things he’s dealing with.

-Seth

Hope so.  If you feel the need to understand some of the Science, feel free to give me a PM.  Might be able to assist on that end.