Main gear door adjustment

Last week my plane was on jacks with the gear raised.  From the front, the main gear doors on both sides were even and tight against the wing skin. At the rear edge however, there was a 1" gap between the door and wing skin on both doors.  I don't ever recall looking at this in the past. Maintenance manual only directs to adjust the leading edge.  Does this gap seem correct?  Am I missing something (other than knots)?  

edit:  Took my own usual advice and read the instructions again.  Maintenance manual says that once the gear is properly rigged the main gear door is adjusted so the leading AND trailing edges are flush on the wing skins.  Apparently, there are a lot of mis-rigged doors out there.

• 4 weeks later...

The doors do overlap the wing skins at both the front edge and rear.  The picture posted by Captnmac shows a door with bent hinges.  He fixed that.  He only posted the bent hinge picture.  This pic is what I asked about. Rear, 3/4-1" gap.  Don't see any adjustment. The front edge is flush, even, tight on the wing skin.  P1010729.thumb.JPG.2cebc5dde483782d3ce343a64e7de612.JPG

2 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

The doors do overlap the wing skins at both the front edge and rear.  The picture posted by Captnmac shows a door with bent hinges.  He fixed that.  He only posted the bent hinge picture.  This pic is what I asked about. Rear, 3/4-1" gap.  Don't see any adjustment. The front edge is flush, even, tight on the wing skin.  P1010729.thumb.JPG.2cebc5dde483782d3ce343a64e7de612.JPG

I can see the adjustment in your picture. There are two rods. Adjust the length of the rods to rig the doors.

if you remove the retraction rod with the spring in it, you can swing the leg up and down by hand and easily adjust the doors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

I thought he had posted  a pic of the fixed door! That got me worried...:P 

thanks