Service bulletin

OHAEDO

1 hour ago, ukrsindicat@yahoo.com said:

Sorry about unearthing retired thread, but does anyone have the measurements of the limits sticker? I think I will order 20 of them from local printshop instead of paying $20 for one from Lasar

I'd like one of those bright orange "15 deg. Turn Limit" to put on the crossbar to get attention.  The pointer/marks on my J are not obvious.

• Thanks 1

I have the fixed center cowl flap which hides the horizontal tube where the pointer and turning limits are shown.  This is my solution when I am leaving the plane for any significant time.  I also use the York Gust Lock which locks the yoke and rudder pedals.  Towing is not an option with these in place.  

I have a Johnson Bar plane.  I have never tried to put the gear up with the plane of jacks to see what would happen.  I make it a point to walk around the plane every time it is parked anywhere away from home.  I suspect that if I tried to put the gear up with the nose gear lock on, I would know it.  But, assumptions never mix with aviation.

John Breda

Do Not Tow-1 (1) copy.jpg

York gust lock.jpeg

On 7/15/2019 at 2:50 AM, kpaul said:

My F has a third fixed cowl flap, it essentially comes down to the top of the pucks.  Even if I had a turn indicator it would not be visible while towing.  I guess the limit lines could be on the flap, but the position indicator would need to be painted onto the pucks.

52132266_CowlFlaps.PNG.ac7e52b5a0050c6e96e46db918739d6d.PNG 

Finally.  Someone else in the Mooney universe with a third fixed cowl flap.  I thought I was the only one.  :> 

6 hours ago, DCarlton said:

Finally.  Someone else in the Mooney universe with a third fixed cowl flap.  I thought I was the only one.  :> 

Nope; I've got that cowl flap, as well.

You should also have three aluminum baffles in front of the #1 and #2 cylinders; they were part of SB M20-182: https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/SBM20-182.pdf

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FlyingDude said:

Where did you get this? I'd like to buy or make one!

thanks

I made it. I used a section of 1/2" PVC conduit for the tube. The grey arm is made of 1/2" Starboard polymer sheet. The black piece is of 1/4" Starboard polymer lumber. The sign is of course from any engraving shop. The retaining pin is a simple hitch pin from any hardware store. Except of the hitch pin, the entire thing is non-corroding. You can get Starboard lumber from Amazon, Tap Plastics or Boat Outfitters. Machine it like wood. Retain the tube with a SS sheet metal screw through the trapazoid piece. 

ADF09B7C-C09C-490C-9854-6B83ECF80888_1_105_c.jpeg.89c3af3e2c632490dcd0818fce534ff7.jpeg

• Thanks 2