Ass backwards pitot switch

Etz

Working the bugs out of my early J model.  While tracing a large amp draw I discovered that the pitot heat switch is messed up. Off position is on and on position is off.  Are these switches easily flipped?  If so can the cover be flipped to indicate correctly?

Let’s not be silly... :)

Rocker switch or toggle...?

• check the wires on the back of the switch...?
  • check the switch is installed right side up...?
  • hmmm... I haven’t heard of a normally on vs. a normally off switch before... (?)
  • Switch off when in up position, and on when down?

Expect that these things are so standardized that it is probably simple to install bass-ackwards and reverse wired...

Slip the iPhone up the back take a video and see what is not right... or call the previous owner and ask what up?... it will be pretty obvious 

For research, look up circuit breaker switches and wiring diagrams...

now I have done some more searching...

https://www.sensata.com/sites/default/files/a/sensata-20tc series-single phase rocker type actuator-datasheet_1.pdf

it would be near impossible to install backwards, as it wouldn’t fit the bus bar normally.... (check on this, is it mounted upside down? Toggle switches are mounted off center, hard to flip... Looks like rocker switches can be reversed when mounting...

it could be the wrong part number... checking the part number is a challenge as it is printed on the side and may need removal to see it...

It May make the most sense to buy a new one to have ready to install when you take the old one out... look for...

• right part number...
  • is something else delivering power to it... (check switches one at a time to see when the power flows)
  • is the switch working properly... does it click when pressed on, and click off as if spring loaded...

Since....

• the OP is really clear about the reverse operating switch... 
  • the cb switch can’t be wired backwards... there is only one wire...
  • the switch is either opened or closed...
  • the pics of normal cb switches don’t allow for reverse mounting... (the toggle isn’t centered in the switch)
  • It is not coming on and staying on with the master... (broken pitot switch)
  • i didn’t find any reverse operating switches... or ways to change the operation...
  • Is it a rocker switch... it appears rocker switches may be mounted up/on vs down/on...

On the cheap...

• pull the CB switch and check it’s part number and operation...
  • See if it can be easily flipped 180°, re-install...
  • If wrong part, then order the right one...
  • this may take valuable time.

On the expensive...

• Call dan at Lasar and ask him, while ordering the proper part number
  • This may be the quickest turnaround.

PP thought... somebody accidentally mounted it upside down... by the time the buss bar was in place an hour later... they weren’t going back for another hour or two to re-orient the switch...  ooops. :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-