Instrument panel CAD

16 hours ago, RLCarter said:

CAD files are out there and so are the files for the Travel Boards, but they don't seem to be shared or at least not publicly

I would be happy with a private share. I'm just replacing the broken-in-several-pieces cover.

22 minutes ago, Shiny moose said:

They seem to be hard to find, I guess I do mine the old fashion way

There have been a few on here that have used Plexiglass or Lexan to lay out new panels. The clear plastic allows you to see if there is/would be placement issues, it's easy/cheap to work with, once all is good transfer it to aluminum 

• Like 1

I can help with a CNC'd panel for any Mooney.  I've drawn some of them and cut a couple of M20K panels already.  I don't share my drawings, there was a huge amount of trial and error getting all the instruments to fit properly etc.  Send me an email with a panel picture and let's get started.   I'm a big fan of the G5's - good way to clean up your panel and consolidate instruments.  Aerodon supercub@gmail.com

16 hours ago, RLCarter said:

There have been a few on here that have used Plexiglass or Lexan to lay out new panels. The clear plastic allows you to see if there is/would be placement issues, it's easy/cheap to work with, once all is good transfer it to aluminum 

Yes that’s how I have done it in the past. 

• Like 1