Prebuy in Utah

4 hours ago, Shake your Mooney maker said:

I spoke with Kerry last night, the guys a genius! I perused his website and read nearly all the shop talk articles...great riveting (pun intended) reading
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was reading the part 1 of the how to buy a Mooney (great stuff. thanks for the link). It seems like it would take quite a few hours to pour through the logs for a novice buyer. How long would it usually take for an AI to go through a 50+ year old airplane's logs? I would think at least a few hours. Has any first time buyers done a log inspection and if so, how long did it take you to record everything?

I had the same question, should I do the review or would it be better for him. He said it would be much more efficient for him to do it so I didn’t even bother. I think he said he charges $150 for document review before he even looks at the plane. If the docs are messed up then no point doubt the PPI

17 minutes ago, Shake your Mooney maker said:

I had the same question, should I do the review or would it be better for him. He said it would be much more efficient for him to do it so I didn’t even bother. I think he said he charges $150 for document review before he even looks at the plane. If the docs are messed up then no point doubt the PPI

That's very reasonable.

3 hours ago, Shake your Mooney maker said:

I would pay 150.00 in a heartbeat. Has anyone had an entire set of logs scanned complete?

21 minutes ago, docjeffry said:

I would pay 150.00 in a heartbeat. Has anyone had an entire set of logs scanned complete?

I did when I bought my plane, the guys at All-American had all the logs scanned and they e-mailed them to me.  I had an IA friend of mine review them with me.

I keep a working e-copy of all my logs current on Google Docs these days

• Like 1