No-More-Politics Petition

201er

1 minute ago, Niko182 said:

Bro what the fuck. Are you trying to get everyone to hate you on this forum?

I shall copy and paste my first statement: "The fact that you called yourself representative when you clearly don't have the number nor the mandate shows arrogance."
Everyone? Like all 10299 members?

Edited by Tommy

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I shall copy and paste my first statement: "The fact that you called yourself representative when you clearly don't have the number nor the mandate shows arrogance."
Everyone? Like all 10299 members?

I didnt call myself a representative. And the fact that you are playing this game now on 2 different posts will only result in receiving no help when the time comes and you need some.

• Like 3

@Tommy, what do your or my political views have to do with making my carburetor run smoothky LOP? What does "politicized science" have to do with extending cylinder life? Does the political outlook of the tester effect the heat transfer thriugh the cykinder walls? No. So keep your junk "politicized science" away from here. Thank you.

I think the spirit of this was and is to foster a positive environment to share a common passion - Mooney aircraft snd nothing more. I am in support because I like the single minded focus and frankly, If I were to share openly what my political and religious views were, I might inadvertantly strain the relationships I am hoping to develop here.  I'm looking for inclusion, and comradery, not division.   I've come to greatly appreciate the help and support I receive on this forum...thanks.

Safe flying to you all. 

• Like 3

A positive step forward. What's next? if I had my wish, which of course I don't, and it isn't even realistic at this point, but my wish would be that there wouldn't be any anonymous users. i.e. just like Beechtalk, all of us would be required to register and use our real names. It sure seems that is what keeps them the most civil, or should I say respectful. Just a thought.

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, kortopates said:

A positive step forward. What's next? if I had my wish, which of course I don't, and it isn't even realistic at this point, but my wish would be that there wouldn't be any anonymous users. i.e. just like Beechtalk, all of us would be required to register and use our real names. It sure seems that is what keeps them the most civil, or should I say respectful. Just a thought.

Facebook is mostly real names and the couple hobby groups I subscribe to on there are some of the worst places on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steve W said:

Facebook is mostly real names and the couple hobby groups I subscribe to on there are some of the worst places on the internet.

I agree totally, but probably because its so large people don't think of others as being real people or ever meeting them in person. Aviation is a much smaller community and at least on Beechtalk it seems to really work and I suspect it would work on this even smaller community of Mooney enthusiasts. But of course, based entirely on my own observations and being a long time participant of the aviation community.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

Politics yes definitely admissible here on Mooney Space.

When it pertains to aviation related issues, regulations, fees etc.

This is one of a couple of tricky areas - of course discussion of aviation regulations, fees, the price of Avgas, FAA bureaucracy  etc is appropriate and often  helpful.  Those discussions  however are naturally prone to digress into our opinions on the broader political climate at the local, state, or national level contributing to those issues, which I still think is nice to avoid.  

• Like 2

Late to the party...

-a-

Things to consider...

1) somebody is inevitably going to write something that can be considered political...

2) We can just let it go... or respond with something kind and interesting...

3) When kind or interesting are not available... respond with a large fatty symbol, symbolic of “that’s enough, you two...”

4) If you are unable to post a large fatty symbol (politically incorrect)... we can probably enlist @Marauder to post one for you...

5) Plan B... See something, say something... Nobody has to be here... don’t feel bad when you click ‘report post’ button.

6) Everyone wants to be here... so do your best to not have somebody report your posts...

7) Being part of a community requires some effort... It even requires effort to not post things...

8) Being disruptive is not being part of the community... even though that must take some effort...

9) It has taken the effort of many members to show that the disruption isn’t appreciated... count that as negative effort and associate it with the person/people that is/are causing the ruckus...

10) Some people just like to write a one or two liner, just to see how much response they will get... that person probably does this on ten other boards just for fun...

11) I enjoy writing responses...  My sentence structure has improved quite a bit lately...

12) It is a bit bothersome to lose an MSer... for any reason.

13) Everyone gets so much just by checking in...

14) Some people give so much... quality or quantity... 

15) Don’t mess with a good thing... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can add me to the list.

I didn't used to mind an occasional, mild, and germane political comment. But Tommy ruined that.

I simply can't fathom how someone as educated as Tommy could be so utterly clueless in understanding how to make friends and influence others' opinions.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

I didn't used to mind an occasional, mild, and germane political comment. But Tommy ruined that.

I simply can't fathom how someone as educated as Tommy could be so utterly clueless in understanding how to make friends and influence others' opinions.

T-shirt my wife got me for Father's Day, seems to fit the topic.

2019-06-29.thumb.jpg.dbf5453c08679170fd41cea0a6393dcf.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Niko182 said:

I didnt call myself a representative. And the fact that you are playing this game now on 2 different posts will only result in receiving no help when the time comes and you need some.

Errr. you kind of did when you say "everyone."

By "playing this game," you mean disagreeing twice with people on the identical post on an online forum? And that's not allowed?

And thanks for the ill wishes. I will try my best to disappoint you. ;)

Edited by Tommy

5 hours ago, Andy95W said:

Education 

1. 1. 
    the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university.
    "a course of education"
    • the theory and practice of teaching.
      "colleges of education"
    • a body of knowledge acquired while being educated.
      plural noun: educations
    • information about or training in a particular subject.
      "health education"

Can't read any where that says education is for making friends and influence other's opinions. I simply can't fathom how someone as educated as Andy could be so utterly clueless in understanding that education is not for making friends and influencing others' opinions.

Also why you assume that every single person who joined an online discussion forum is to make friends?  Is it really that difficult to understand that it's an online discussion forum not a dating website? Try Tinder, I believe it does a much job of making online friends if that's what you are after. 

I said I disagree that politics should be banned and found it utterly repungant to use a poll taken from 1% of total MS members to legitimatize the ostracization of people who talk politics (or, more accurately, opposing politics) on this forum. I gave my reasons : online, I use politicized science to tell who I should trust more and who I should not. 

Without naming a single person.

Then.

A whole lot of people triggered...

Such is the quality of discussion...

Let's start polls on asking people to "do so somewhere other than Mooneyspace." - Mike @201er2019 if they want to talk about Cirrus, Cirrus pilots, BRS, LOP, ROP, FAA regulations, tires, T&G, Aspen vs Garmin, landing/ take off configurations, accidents, airport re-development, recreational helicopter flights over NYC, Avgas price, Speed mod, BASIC med.....  You know, for the sake of civility. But yes, religion, specifically, Christianity, is fine and dandy. No argument there. 

Maybe I will start a poll to rename Mooneyspace to Christianspace... 

Or Maureder'sFatGirlFriendSpace. Also no issues there. Lots of laughs at pictures of random obese women that we don't even know personally...

Edited by Tommy

9 hours ago, kortopates said:

This exactly. 

Signed 

Brad Podd

Wilmington NC.  Where I live.  In real life.