No-More-Politics Petition

201er

mooney-politics-poll.thumb.jpg.d735132c4ca56451aeedcb36a64ae85e.jpg

In a recently closed poll, nearly 90% of respondents selected that "Talking about Mooney's is my getaway, the last thing I need is to listen to politics here." So I would like to formalize a petition by the vast majority of the membership, pledging not to engage in political discussion and asking that others provide the same courtesy. Political discussion is not prohibited by the constitution nor by the Mooneyspace forum. However, out of respect for every Mooney flying participant that does not want to hear about it on Mooneyspace, it is in good taste to leave such discussions out. So, would everyone who would prefer that Mooneyspace be left to discussion about Mooneys and aviation, sign this petition by putting your name or handle as a response. And to the 10 or so members who like some degree of political discussion, please consider showing some courtesy.

Petition:

We the participants of Mooneyspace and the broader Mooney community kindly ask that those who wish to engage in any political discussion or discourse do so somewhere other than Mooneyspace.

• Like 11

Ryan

As a friendly reminder, if any replies drag this one into political banter, the thread will be locked like the last one. Remember, flying is what ties us together as a community, so let's focus on slipping the surly bonds of Earth...

Fly Safe,
Safety Forum Mod

"We, the 87 participants out of Mooneyspace's 10299 members and the broader Mooney community that I think I represent even though I know probably less than 1% of Mooney Community, kindly ask that those who wish to engage in any political discussion or discourse of an opposing political view to me do so somewhere other than Mooneyspace."

There, fixed it for you, Mike @201er

The fact that you called yourself representative when you clearly don't have the number nor the mandate shows arrogance.
The fact that you started a tongue-in-cheek "poll" that wasn't really asking for an opinion show disingenuity. 

The fact that you thought it's even remotely possible to not talk about politics on an online forum in an era when everything is politicized including science shows naivety. 

This is why we can't have sensible political - or any topics of controversy - discussion.

So what's next? Baning the talk of religion on Mooneyspace? Well we don't seem to have that problem probably because most of us here share the same religious views. You can send your thoughts and Christian prayers all day long. What a surprise, when most of us share the same view, no arguments. 

But is that what online discussion forum is for? Bunch of online strangers having an orgy of thinking that everyone has the same idea / opinion? Don't you guys already have enough of that at work and home that you need more of that on an online discussion forum? 

Edited by Tommy