Outstanding Maxwell Support

Releew

For a few days I have been trying to get a call back from Mooney technical support.  Was just trying to make sure I have the correct part identified.  I understand they want us to utilize approved service centers, but one would think... the term, "Mooney Technical Support" would have some meaning and there would at least be the courtesy of a return call!

One call to Don Maxwell's and their support person helped track the part, Don specified the required hardware and gave me hints on the best method to change it out.  The follow up was amazing!  I see positives and negatives on this site regarding this outfit.  From my experience, I would not even think about going elsewhere for parts and or support.  Even thinking about using Don for my next annual.

What a breath of fresh air for customer service!  Nice Job!

Rick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Several years ago I called Don needing clarification on something, it was late in the day and Don was with a customer. I was told Don would call me back in the morning. Sure enough Don called me back around 9:30 or so and got me pointed in the right direction, then sent me to LASAR for parts as he was out and it would shorten my down time.....excellent customer service as far as I'm concerned 

• Like 1

Customer Service is definitely a long suit for them.  I bought my F from them last year with first annual included.  I’m taking the F to him next week for that annual.  The few issues I’ve had, Paul has jumped on them immediately..  They have been in close contact with me covering the issues I’ve had and have supported everything well.  Great outfit.

As some of you know, I had my airplane flown to Maxwell because I lost confidence in the person who installed my engine. I was SO lucky. Don and Paul found numerous items that could have brought me down.  The other day, upon pre-flight I noticed a cable hanging down where it shouldn't be.  I took a photo and texted Don. He told me what it was [ a grounding wire] and what needed to be done.  That man [and woman, Jan] is selfless.

They are committed to the brand, to our Mooney Family, and to being leaders.  We need more like Don, Jan and Paul. 

IMG_3194.thumb.jpg.8688c2551410e14ee50960216c5507b0.jpg58274001757__807707D0-0DF5-48E8-A21A-E42A4DAD7161.thumb.JPG.1fe99053c92442ea626785b40c00aa44.JPG

IMG_9670.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

@mooneygirl

Nice pic, Jolie!

That large of a wire, looks awfully important...

Any idea what was no longer grounded with that?

That air duct doesn’t seem to have a clamp on it either?

Best regards,

-a-

The clamp to the air duct is there, just out of the shot. But I have been advised to adjust it so the clamp is over the metal rings versus just the duct itself.  It was an engine ground coming off the generator I believe.  The mechanic said that it was one of two grounding wires.  It is just so nice to have a Mooney expert that you can call, who is self-less in terms of supporting vintage owners and the brand.

Years ago Sacramento Skyranch sold that heavy 2 guage cable along with the copper mounting lugs.Next to the cable was a 4 ft long swaging tool that produced a square shaped swage.One look at your failed cable and can tell you the wrong Swaging tool was used to assemble your grounding cable

1 hour ago, thinwing said:

Years ago Sacramento Skyranch sold that heavy 2 guage cable along with the copper mounting lugs.Next to the cable was a 4 ft long swaging tool that produced a square shaped swage.One look at your failed cable and can tell you the wrong Swaging tool was used to assemble your grounding cable

Good catch