Trim Problems - solved

Emmet

I just want to share my experiences with a partially stiff trim which only occured during flight.

During the last year we were chasing this problem and worked mainly on the jackscrew (changed bearings etc.).

While installing a GFC 500 we found what I am pretty sure was the source of the problem:

the torque tube runs through a needle bearing below the trim servo and this bearing was completly dry 

and didn‘t move at all. So don‘t focus only on the jackscrew, but give this bearing a little attention and make 

sure it runs freely and lubricate it regularly.

• Like 2

It's in the tail immediately aft of the avionics tray. It's the carrier bearing to support the trim torque tube at the point where the trim servo sprocket attaches. I believe it's a Bendix-King part. The maintenance manual calls for yearly inspection and lubrication (but I think it's often overlooked).

Skip

• Like 2