Good Read - 2018 FAA Fact Sheet

Aviators,

This is a great initial read posted last year by the FAA. Bottom line, reducing accident trends is a collaborative effort that I hope we can help contribute to.

Bottom line from the article, leading causes of fatal accidents are:

1. loss of control inflight

2. CFIT (controlled flight into terrain)

3. Engine-related (failure, or partial power loss)

I plan to pull the NTSB files for all fatal Mooney accidents for 2018, and work backwards. I don't think there are enough final reports out for 2019, but I'll take a quick look.

Once I have stats, on Mooney leading causes of fatal mishaps, I'll post them here.

https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=21274

Fly Safe,

Safety Forum Mod

• Like 3

IP,

There is a thread around here where somebody made it really easy to sift through the accident reports by all kinds of interesting details...

I Put together the things I was interested in just to test their work... I looked up all Ovation accidents over the last 25 years...

They all showed up...

Let me know if you need a hand searching for that... Unfortunately I don’t remember enough detail, or I would point you towards it.

Best regards,

-a-