Forum etiquette

I started this as a new post, so as not to point fingers, take sides etc., but it seems to me that lately there have been more bickering and personal attacks then I am used to on Mooneyspace. Some of the other sites have a lot of that, but Mooneyspace has generally been very civilized and pleasant. It would seem to me that we would all enjoy it more if we could somehow ignore the first barb and not respond when we perceive someone to be less than courteous, or stepping on our toes.

Thanks for everyones consideration.

Don

Very well said Don.  Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a forum to express and respect different experiences and opinions on things, isn't it?  Or is it a merely a place to pretend and pat people on the back by telling them what they want to hear?!  It is my sincere hope that we all want it to be the former.  Therefore we must not slam and muzzle honest debate because we don't agree with a certain point of view. We all have this obligation to this forum.

One thing we can all agree on is that we are a unique group of pilots and Mooney lovers! We are brought together in this forum by our beloved Mooneys and our love of flight!  Let's support and be kind to one another. Let's try and learn from other's experiences and try and see another point of view.  We may even learn something!

I know for my part I'm not perfect and I will be the first one to admit, I do get carried away sometimes.  No one should be offended however. I'm sorry if anyone did but they shouldn't be.  It is immature and childish to become offended by a different point of view!  I will continue to express my opinion and views. I hope also that people who are a lot more experienced and knowledgeable will do the same. I'm on here to learn as much as I can from all the experts and other people's experiences.

Personal attacks do not belong here and those who engage in those tactics know who they are and should stop.

I acknowledge that I am passionate in my love for all mooneys...and their drivers.  We can have differing opinions, discussion and debate without making it a personal attack.  I value this online community and will make it a habit of sending pm's to individual vs battling in cyberspace going forward.  Sometimes a personality just doesn't mesh with anothers.  That's O.K.  Thanks for your post Don.  For those that I have made roll their eyes...  Mea Culpa.

Good thought, Don...this is a most civil and unmoderated forum.

I guess we all have differing tolerances for disagreements, which usually only get disagreeable when one party states their singular opinion as strong fact, and more times than not in incendiary and judgmental terms.

For that I have little tolerance, and try hard to scroll over it, with limited success. Now, my sarcastic humor is another issue altogether...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0B3f0kZZFI2skUOHaxHg

• 3 weeks later...

Well said. I've been on car forums and it gets ugly fast sometimes. I myself have a bit of a temper especially when it comes to the things I love the most...airplanes. I have recently side-tracked a conversation (fantom knows what I'm talking about) and I'll make every effort to stay professional and light and I'll try harder now that I've seen this.

I like that HopePilot, I think it would go a long way if we all just treat each other with respect, if you wouldn't talk like that to my face then you shouldn's type it.

I am and allways will be a Mooniac even though I had to break the rule and forced to sell mine.. for the time being....

I agree with the theme here and would like to add another gentle suggestion.  I see a new member who in twenty-five minutes posted the same message across three different threads.  I understand that he was/is anxious to get an answer, but a little patience would be appreciated.  I know that I look through all sections regularly and sorting through the same information is akin to spamming or screaming for attention in my opinion.  As Don suggests, let's use patience and courtesy please!

Chris

"Jane, you ignorant slut," to which she replied, "Dan, you pompous ass."

Worked great on SNL but hasn't worked quite as well here.  When I see it happening, I try to just go back to the original thread and ignore it.  Sometimes the thread gets back on track, sometimes not.

I, for one, appreciate the various opinions and try to form my own from there.  If the other participants didn't have any opinion, they would be useless to me.  Keep expressing them in a positive way, please.

I agree courtesy goes a long way and I really appreciate the differing opinions, even if I dont agree. We can all slap each other on the back congratulating each other on how good we are doing running 75 ROP or climbing at 25 squared, or we can test each others theories and stimulate critical thinking instead of going along with the herd.  Oh I forgot to mention fuel bladders :)   there.

OK I am laying off but I learned moe from these forums than from anything else. We rarely break things now and out fuel usage is below planned. Knowledge is power.  Keep all those opinions, experiences, questions and viewpoints coming.