Happy treason day all you ungrateful colonials!

So it's not really the burning of the flag that is the issue, it's that someone is trying to make you angry?

No, you are trying to say the Boy Scouts burning the flag is the same thing as the protesters. And I’m saying it’s not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

No, you are trying to say the Boy Scouts burning the flag is the same thing as the protesters. And I’m saying it’s not...

That's not what I was saying, fwiw.

That's not what I was saying, fwiw.

Eric, you brought up the Boy Scouts burning the flag in relation to the protesters burning the flag in front of the White House. So don’t say it wasn’t.

1 hour ago, xcrmckenna said:

Eric, you brought up the Boy Scouts burning the flag in relation to the protesters burning the flag in front of the White House. So don’t say it wasn’t.

I did, but you missed my point.   Not worth making an argument about it here, I think.

• Like 1

The way I see it, by making flag burning illegal, you would make the Boy Scouts criminals, so you don’t want to make it illegal for the Boy Scouts, so you can’t make it illegal for anybody.

I realize you would like to make it illegal to burn the flag disrespectfully, but then you are back to the government deciding what is respectful and what is not. That is against the first amendment and a very slippery slope at best.

That being said, I hope all those disrespectful flag burning bastards burn in hell!

And because of the first amendment, I can say that!

• Like 3

The way I see it, by making flag burning illegal, you would make the Boy Scouts criminals, so you don’t want to make it illegal for the Boy Scouts, so you can’t make it illegal for anybody.
I realize you would like to make it illegal to burn the flag disrespectfully, but then you are back to the government deciding what is respectful and what is not. That is against the first amendment and a very slippery slope at best.
That being said, I hope all those disrespectful flag burning bastards burn in hell!
Could not have said it better myself!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

...note the CORRECT way of spelling that word, ill educate you lot of illiterates one day, even if it kills me ;)  ). 

Is pointing out your spelling error (ill  vs I’ll) pedantic or instructional within the context of your post?

On 7/5/2019 at 6:31 PM, Skates97 said:

Not the same thing... See Tony's comment above about properly retiring a flag. It is actually a very cool ceremony to watch.

Thanks! If everyone had just said "Boy Scouts retire flags" there wouldn't be this ridiculous discussion.

As an Eagle Scout, I've retired flags many times and it is a cool ceremony! Akin to a viking burial kind of thing :wub:

• Like 3

On 7/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, Hyett6420 said:

uptup2qg6uby.jpg.add1ddafd4f4cebd6923497c3eaff9b3.jpg

Love the photo, but if that happens can Texas just go it's own way? Actually, we'll just do that. Long live the Republic!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HRM said:

Love the photo, but if that happens can Texas just go it's own way? Actually, we'll just do that. Long live the Republic!

It will probably go one notch further back in time and become part of Mexico.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

It will probably go one notch further back in time and become part of Mexico.

Well, we already have the cuisine...who doesn't love Tex-Mex? After BBQ of course...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know if you are saying I want to make burning the flag illegal or not. Because that wasn’t what I was saying. If you want to buy a flag and burn it more power to you. Eric made the point It shouldn’t be illegal for Boy Scouts to burn the flag. And I just said what the protesters are doing is much different than the Boy Scouts retiring an American flag. And shouldn’t be seen as the same act.

On a side note the act of burning a flag like most protesters do is illegal. It falls very much in the crime of disorderly conduct. When you commit a crime you have checked three very important boxes. Intent, Means, and Opportunity. And if someone impedes my constitutional rights by burning a flag right in front of me, stopping my path that’s also committing coercion. Like I said the intent of a protester is much different then the Boy Scouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1