a strange bug with privacy implications

Hello administrator, and all.

SO I am reporting a forum bug.

Yesterday Becca posted a thread called "Symbols for woman..."

And I posted a few replies.

Then I remembered I owed her a thank you for pointing my son to some internship opportunities by pointing him to the websites etc.  So I sent her a pm.

Well after that moonesypace developed some kind of bug.

I can no longer access that thread which I know because I got a bunch of likes but when I click the like I get a message pasted below.

Also I just learned by someone telling me that the pm I had sent to Becca is appearing on my profile, and hers now, for all to see (which is not a problem specifically since its all not a big deal - but this is a bug and it should be error trapped).

So what's up?

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/K

I was reading the same thread... it was getting many posts... faster than I can read...

I clicked refresh... and said thread disappeared altogether...

It had mentioned some strong variations of opinions found elsewhere, but nothing I could see to make it get closed or eliminated from here...

I was looking to see if a picture I had was proper for the thread... my young lady has interest in Mooneys and cars and saving money, including doing the mechanical work...

Hope the thread can be revived... if possible.  I only saw 2/3rds of it?

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

I was reading the same thread... it was getting many posts... faster than I can read...

I clicked refresh... and said thread disappeared altogether...

It had mentioned some strong variations of opinions found elsewhere, but nothing I could see to make it get closed or eliminated from here...

I was looking to see if a picture I had was proper for the thread... my young lady has interest in Mooneys and cars and saving money, including doing the mechanical work...

Hope the thread can be revived... if possible.  I only saw 2/3rds of it?

Best regards,

-a-

Its not just that the thread disappeared - I am mostly calling out that I had sent a pm but then apparently that pm became publicly viewable.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you posted on her "wall" instead of sending a PM.  I have seen users get this confused even when contacting me.  See the attached image.  

The red circled area is where you post on someones wall (viewable by all) and the blue circle is where you click to send a true PM.

Capture.JPG

If you know this is not the case then please take as many screen captures of the issue as you can next time so that I can send a report to the IPBoard people.

Thanks,

• Like 2