Chicago - best airport to hangar plane for 2 days.

M20F-1968

I am planning a cross country flight out west but will need to come back to Boston for  couple of days.  Rather than fly myself back, it probably would be better to find an airport in the Chicago area or nearby (Milwaukee, Madison) where I can hangar the plane, fly commercially back to Boston (cheaply which is why Chicago may be best) for a day and then resume my trip.  Any recommendtions?

John Breda

KMDW is probably the most convenient. I think Atlantic charges 100 bucks a night for the hanger. Of course there's other fees with the FBO.

I would also check out KDPA and KGYY. Both are a bit of a drive, or Uber ride, to the airport but without a doubt the hanger will be cheaper.

You will probably have a hard time finding a non-stop flight out of KMKE, but if you do, KRAC might be a good choice.

Any of the Chicago airports are going to stick you with pretty good fees. If I was going to be home, you could park it in my hanger at C77, unfortunately we are going to be out of town most of July.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Do you really need a hangar for two days in the summer?  I agree that Atlantic is probably the best choice.  I've been there but tied down outside.  Its cheaper and for only two days they are unlikely to move your plane reducing the risk of over turning it.  Put it in a hangar and they may have to move it around a bunch.  When I travel, I usually just use a tie down unless there is snow or high winds in the forecast.

• Like 1