Sunriver fly in

xcrmckenna

If we attach some ballast to the front of my plane we can probably tow it like a glider... So, yea, I don't think I'll make it.

What is the time frame of being airborne again? Hope it sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

What is the time frame of being airborne again? Hope it sooner than later.

Hahahahah. Ask me for the whole story next time you see me at the KONP BBQ. Engine has been recovered from the mechanic flipping his pickup and is back at the engine shop, now we need to play the 'who is paying for the repair' game. Along with a few other 'challenges'. 

4 minutes ago, Steve W said:

Hahahahah. Ask me for the whole story next time you see me at the KONP BBQ. Engine has been recovered from the mechanic flipping his pickup and is back at the engine shop, now we need to play the 'who is paying for the repair' game. Along with a few other 'challenges'. 

Ho

ly

cow

:o

• Sad 1

Dang...... That sounds rough!!!! When is the next BBQ?

7 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

Dang...... That sounds rough!!!! When is the next BBQ?

Every Saturday noon to 1(sometimes the 'kitchen' closes early), self serve fuel pump isn't back yet, but I usually manage to drive across the street from my house unless I'm travelling for work.

And for anyone else, the whole story will come out, but I'm trying not to share too much publically until the Insurance company and the lawyers are done and my plane is finished.

Edited by Steve W
  • Like 1

Every Saturday noon to 1(sometimes the 'kitchen' closes early), self serve fuel pump isn't back yet, but I usually manage to drive across the street from my house unless I'm travelling for work.
And for anyone else, the whole story will come out, but I'm trying not to share too much publically until the Insurance company and the lawyers are done and my plane is finished.

I’ve never flown into Newport. But sounds like a good reason for the trip... Hope things get settled soon.

• Like 1

Learned to fly at Hillsboro, OR in 1980's.  Like Mooneygirl, one of my solo cross-country flights was to SunRiver S21.  It was in the summer in a C-152.  It was my first experience with noticeable performnce degradation due to density altitude.

John Breda

18 hours ago, Steve W said:

self serve fuel pump isn't back yet

Do they have a fuel truck in the mean time or does everyone run tanker flights from other airports?

Just now, JoeC said:

Do they have a fuel truck in the mean time or does everyone run tanker flights from other airports?

I know they had fuel in the truck, but this project is running longer than planned so I'd recommend calling first and seeing what the status is.

The fly in was a great time. Sorry we missed anyone that wanted to come but couldn’t. We had 7 Mooney’s show up for lunch. One was already on the field. It is a well known acclaim from around these parts. A local pilot with an Erocoupe, two Cessnas, one was a beautiful 414. The only bad part of the plane it was in UofO colors and interior stitching.... Go Beavers!!!!:)

We had pilots come from Paso Robles, Astoria, Coeur d'Alene, Independence, Eugene, Prineville, Salem, Everett, and John Day.

I wish we would of had more time to chat because there were stories being told from the time we touched down to the time we took off. Love the community and specially love my Mooney that gets me to all these places!!!!!

Hope to see all the same people at the next Sunriver fly in along with many more of you!!!
e7ef3c40c1aa9335adb34560e7f2bfbc.jpgbc2fb9e9d5f71f5acef74649fc1089f8.jpgb5d9adea78bdeeaf79e75b381f64ae0f.jpg

• Like 5