M20J insurance cost

Ken4741

19 minutes ago, ReconMax said:

I'm re-evaluating the insurance direction I need to take. @Parker_Woodruff posted some interesting comments about the quote I got from avemco and so now, I am taking a step back to look at it all again.

I really like having an individual agent. I don't think it has anything to do with the rate you'l be quoted but when you have a claim its helpful. I had an accident down in Mexico and it was really nice to get someone on a Saturday evening to answer my sat phone call.

-Robert

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

I really like having an individual agent. I don't think it has anything to do with the rate you'l be quoted but when you have a claim its helpful. I had an accident down in Mexico and it was really nice to get someone on a Saturday evening to answer my sat phone call.

-Robert

The agent is not likely to get you a better quote, but sometimes they can get a carrier to issue a quote where they were originally inclined not to. And you are right, in the event of a claim, a good agent can go to bat for you, and perhaps make a lot of difference.

3 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

I really like having an individual agent. I don't think it has anything to do with the rate you'l be quoted

Rarely will the rate be different in the light GA world.  But in the corporate & commercial world it can and often does make a difference.  A poorly presented and marketed risk can be detrimental.