keith miller

keithmiller

Just picked up a 2009 Acclaim S and brought it back to Texas yesterday and have previously owned an Ovation 3 . Since I am coming out of an Piper Matrix (which don't run lean of peak)i am wondering what cruise settings (MP , RPM, fuel flow ) you acclaim owners are running for Climb out and cruise around 12 - 14000 feet> where do you like to see your TIT and EGT and CHT? coming back from  florida yesterday around 12,000 27 MP 2400 and 19.5 GPH seem to be a sweet spot . 

Consider signing up for some Transition Training...

Cruise....

1) ROP Or LOP?

2) 65%bhp or more?

3) TopProp 2550rpm?

4) Climbing... lots of power and FF for cooling...

Some hours of dual with a pilot that knows Acclaims has got to be the best money ever spent.... the Kerville area is a hot spot for these guys...

One way this can be done on a budget... attend a MAPA Training weekend... you can get an Acclaim specific pilot to review the specific operations... there are a couple of these guys on this board... and a list published by area of the country around here somewhere...

PP thoughts only, I did TT when going between Mooney Models... to minimize simple mistakes, and shorten the learning curve.

Best regards,

-a-

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Consider signing up for some Transition Training...

Cruise....

1) ROP Or LOP?

2) 65%bhp or more?

3) TopProp 2550rpm?

4) Climbing... lots of power and FF for cooling...

Some hours of dual with a pilot that knows Acclaims has got to be the best money ever spent.... the Kerville area is a hot spot for these guys...

One way this can be done on a budget... attend a MAPA Training weekend... you can get an Acclaim specific pilot to review the specific operations... there are a couple of these guys on this board... and a list published by area of the country around here somewhere...

PP thoughts only, I did TT when going between Mooney Models... to minimize simple mistakes, and shorten the learning curve.

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks , previously owned an ovation 3 and put about 350 hrs on it and just finished two hard days of transition training with a great mooney guy in south Florida 

• Like 3