garmin database alert for KOSH ILS-36 June 2019

tbrickey

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 8:10 AM, tbrickey said:

Garmin Database Alert posted 26 June 2019 for KOSH ILS 36.  Get updated before heading to Oshkosh.

Does anyone know why the IFR/VFR charts aren’t available from Garmin until the day before they become effective?  ForeFlight has them several days in advance. I’m leaving for Oshkosh early on the 17th.  It would be nice to update everything effect 7/18 today instead of tomorrow before our planned 6:00 AM departure.  When Garmin says it’s available on the 17th, is that Zulu time? (5:00PM PDT)

Generally the FAA provides plate updates about 2+ weeks before their effective date and that's when I try and get them for my website. Because I can easily allow users to choose a version to download, I do that. 

For the sectional/IFR charts I typically update the weekend before since they're mostly used by people using them for Google Earth and not a display that could be used in-flight.

8 hours ago, amillet said:

Does anyone know why the IFR/VFR charts aren’t available from Garmin until the day before they become effective?  ForeFlight has them several days in advance. I’m leaving for Oshkosh early on the 17th.  It would be nice to update everything effect 7/18 today instead of tomorrow before our planned 6:00 AM departure.  When Garmin says it’s available on the 17th, is that Zulu time? (5:00PM PDT)

I have already updated my GTN650 card.  flyGarmin.com allowed me to update with the current or new database.  I did that on Sunday.